Nope. You'll probably want an actual protective jacket. Drew's done a prototype with calf+padded inserts before.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2392post #35866 of 4964011/25/13 at 4:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35867 of 4964011/25/13 at 4:06pmpost #35868 of 4964011/25/13 at 4:11pmpost #35869 of 4964011/25/13 at 4:13pmpost #35870 of 4964011/25/13 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by gcmartin1
Scored big today. Joseph. A Banks cashmere sport coat in tobacco, camel hair in sand and cashmere great coat in black. Giorgio Armani cashmere great coat in charcoal. Hartt brogues lgb in oxhide Bourbon, Dack Oxfords Prairie ox in brown, RJ Wright cognac brogue monk English made.
I also follow the thrift thread and the TOJ thread.post #35871 of 4964011/25/13 at 5:28pmpost #35872 of 4964011/25/13 at 6:39pm
I want some black leather shoes to pair with a black moto, indigo jeans and various t-shirts and button downs. It's important to me that the leather shoes can be used in a business casual wardrobe as well as with jeans. Would these chelseas look good? If not, what are your recommendations?post #35873 of 4964011/25/13 at 6:46pmpost #35874 of 4964011/25/13 at 9:22pmpost #35875 of 4964011/25/13 at 9:34pmpost #35876 of 4964011/25/13 at 9:58pm
I've packed on 10-15 pounds of muscle since ordering my CWU about 18 months ago and I plan to keep working out. Is it time to consider ordering a new one? Jacket kind of rides up in the center back since my traps are bigger and I don't have the best posture. Gussets are also almost always stretched out.
Looking at B&S prices, figure it'd cost ~$400 at the high end to get a new jacket, maybe less. I'm thinking it might be worth it. Might even upgrade my 4-zip moto while I'm at it...
Edited by Ketawa - 11/25/13 at 10:09pmpost #35877 of 4964011/25/13 at 10:23pmpost #35878 of 4964011/25/13 at 10:45pmpost #35879 of 4964011/25/13 at 10:48pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 11 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 9 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan