Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2388post #35806 of 4814011/22/13 at 7:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35807 of 4814011/22/13 at 8:30ampost #35808 of 4814011/22/13 at 8:36ampost #35809 of 4814011/22/13 at 8:55amQuote:
At -40 you best be wearing that TOJ leather jacket under a down parka so you're probably okay.post #35810 of 4814011/22/13 at 9:50amYeah, I'm in Alaska and I don't recommend any leather jacket for that kind of cold unless it's lined with thick shearling. Even then there are much better options. I'd wear a leather with a hoodie or sweater underneath down to -30 Celcius, but only if I was driving in town without the possibility of getting stranded in the middle of nowhere.post #35811 of 4814011/22/13 at 10:09ampost #35812 of 4814011/22/13 at 10:21amQuote:
I live in Winnipeg and I've worn my ToJ1 out down to about -30°C and I haven't noticed any cracking or anything like that.post #35813 of 4814011/22/13 at 11:06ampost #35814 of 4814011/22/13 at 11:11ampost #35815 of 4814011/22/13 at 11:33ampost #35816 of 4814011/22/13 at 11:55am
Funny, it can hit -40C near Toronto too, which is confusing since Potsnu posted that. I guess most people find shelter in the iron jungle. Most of non-coastal Canada, pretty much, gets to -40 a few times a year.post #35817 of 4814011/22/13 at 12:03pmpost #35818 of 4814011/22/13 at 1:25pmpost #35819 of 4814011/22/13 at 1:54pmpost #35820 of 4814011/22/13 at 3:17pmQuote:
Well people in Toronto will wear Canada Goose + sweat pants + UGGs/Timberlands in +10C lol
I'm rarely outside for more than a few minutes in the winter, as I'm either driving or taking a taxi.
But back to the topic, if you sized for a slightly looser fit you can easily wear a hoodie + leather jacket + scarf/toque/gloves and be reasonably warm.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1685 Active Users (434 Members and 1251 Guests)
- › Adam Kimmel pants, 30W, new with tags 11 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 26 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 29 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 32 seconds ago
- › Viberg Service Boot Black Chromexcel - Size 8.5 - Worn ONCE 40 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Saint Augustine Academy Vampire Tux Black Blazer and pants (BNWT) 2 minutes ago
- › SAINT CRISPIN'S 9F 10D US Mod 104 Austerity Brogue Oxford used shoes 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...