Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2379post #35671 of 4913611/15/13 at 12:31am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35672 of 4913611/15/13 at 1:18amQuote:
Not really. It's not like, elongated dramatically, but long enough to where a cropped jacket with proper length sleeves looks disproportionate to the hem.
It's the difference of the hem being right at the belt vs right at the coin pocket of your jeans.post #35673 of 4913611/15/13 at 5:59am
Would Like some thoughts on sizing for an MA1. I have a TOJ 0 that fits me quite well, in 46.TOJ0 Fit (Click to show)
I'd like it to fit really well, slimmish, but be a tad bit shorter than my TOJ 0. Same fit though. But the 44 MA1 looks closer to the 46 TOJ 0 than the 46 MA 1 does. HMM. Thoughts?post #35674 of 4913611/15/13 at 6:13ampost #35675 of 4913611/15/13 at 8:17ampost #35676 of 4913611/15/13 at 8:21amQuote:
uhhhh not really.
ordered my rider in 21.2 front length (vs. 20.5 on the denim jacket) and 25 inch sleeves (24 on the denim jacket.)
quit hating.post #35677 of 4913611/15/13 at 9:05amQuote:
It's true..cropped stuff looks ridiculous on me -_-
On the bright side, longer lengths tops + 3/4 coats look awesome on me because of long legspost #35678 of 4913611/15/13 at 3:02pmpost #35679 of 4913611/15/13 at 4:36pmpost #35680 of 4913611/15/13 at 5:05pmQuote:
Yeah this is what I'll do. I'd like it to fit exactly the same as my TOJ 0 but on the shorter side, I'm just confused because the TOJ 0 46 is closer to the 44 MA1 than the 46 MA1.post #35681 of 4913611/15/13 at 6:46pmpost #35682 of 4913611/15/13 at 6:48pmQuote:
While that was the original design element, I tend to disagree. Majority of us aren't riding bikes or flying a plane, so we really shouldn't be sizing our riders and A-2 bombers based on that . If we truly cared how rider jackets are meant to be, we wouldn't be ordering lamb rider jackets anyways. It wouldn't be functional if you really ride a motorcycle.
I sized my lamb rider to hit my coin pocket on my jeans since I have a small torso. Since these jackets are made to measure, that's the luxury of design that we have.
However, I'm really considering one last jacket with a medium whisky calf in the DR 2013 and for that style of jacket, I would go a bit more cropped.
There's no right or wrong answer. Some people like the cropped look, some don't. Some people have perfectly sized t-shirts, some have long slouchy ones that make the jackets appear more cropped.post #35683 of 4913611/15/13 at 6:53pmpost #35684 of 4913611/15/13 at 6:59pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Southern France Nice, Monaco, Cannes 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 8 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 9 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...