Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2356
Styleforum Top Pickspost #35327 of 4807910/31/13 at 8:12pmpost #35328 of 4807910/31/13 at 8:18pmpost #35329 of 4807910/31/13 at 8:25pmpost #35330 of 4807910/31/13 at 8:51pmHonestly, it varies from jacket to jacket. My last lamb TOJ was incredibly thick and heavy, it could take a beating. My new one is a lot thinner and I find myself consciously taking a lot more care of it for fear that it will damage easily. I was actually pretty disappointed when I first opened the package and felt how light the jacket was compared to my last one. I'm really hoping I get thicker leather for the moto I'm waiting on currently.
I think the black lamb for a woman's jacket is the way to go though.post #35331 of 4807910/31/13 at 10:02pmpost #35332 of 4807910/31/13 at 10:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by flahertongs
Honestly, it varies from jacket to jacket. My last lamb TOJ was incredibly thick and heavy, it could take a beating. My new one is a lot thinner and I find myself consciously taking a lot more care of it for fear that it will damage easily. I was actually pretty disappointed when I first opened the package and felt how light the jacket was compared to my last one. I'm really hoping I get thicker leather for the moto I'm waiting on currently.
I think the black lamb for a woman's jacket is the way to go though.
This is something that has been mentioned once or twice: the new black lamb not being as good quality (or as thick) as the old one.
Can anyone else confirm?post #35333 of 4807911/1/13 at 4:14am
I think its based on what supplies they have at the time and if you are lucky, you may end up with thick lamb.
I had requested for 'thick' lamb for my wifes bcdr but JC couldn't guarantee it so we went for the black heavy calf. I have a calf MDR already so our expectations were set and it seems black heavy calf doesn't vary in thickness/quality as much as the lamb does.
My wifes first DR jacket was thin, black lamb but still nice and soft. It was also a darker black with a bit of sheen to it, like the calf. This jacket was sent back due to incorrect specs and the replacement we received came in the thick lamb but is more of a muted black colour.post #35334 of 4807911/1/13 at 4:43ampost #35335 of 4807911/1/13 at 4:51ampost #35336 of 4807911/1/13 at 5:54ampost #35337 of 4807911/1/13 at 6:55ampost #35338 of 4807911/1/13 at 7:08amhmtwrkQuote:
Moto-style jackets are traditionally short bodied; Shotts are standardly this way. I would add an inch to the arm measurements as has been said, but it's not bad here.post #35339 of 4807911/1/13 at 8:07ampost #35340 of 4807911/1/13 at 8:16am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 55 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 4 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...