Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2324
Styleforum Top Picks
search search search
Fake shearling, yes, I could make those all day and they'd not be expensive, they'd look alright from 10 foot away... but I shudder at the idea of putting polyester fake flocking inside such nice leather. That just doesn't do it for me, it'd be cheese, and incongruent with the way every TOJ previous has been made.
I explained in my last 10 or 15 posts that shearling is all different and has different prices based on the amount of processing in it and grade it is.
If I walked up to a sheep with a knife and took it's skin off, hung that up and washed the blood off it, and then did some basic bleaching or dying, trimming of the pile, then you end up with the kind of shearling that goes into Uggs, or the shearling part of the TOJ A2 collar
It's shorn-pile shearling. You do get it if you get the brown goat, though the color of the shearling will be lighter in comparison to the leather; it will be a good look though. Just not the same on same look as with the brown lamb.
After hearing about how TOJ was closing up shop, I decided to finally stop sleeping and get in an order. I put in an order for the TOJ0 2013 in black/sand. I'm kind of paranoid about sizes and am now debating whether I should change my order and go up a size. I went for a size 44 with 46 lengths; I'm 5'9, 130lbs-ish with 16" shoulders and 33" chest. I did a whole bunch of Googling and digging in this thread to see if I could find other fits and measurements similar to mine, and after spending the last couple days doing so, I figured I'd just ask your guys' opinion.
Thanks a million for the help!
He suggested a 46 stock as well, but after telling him I measured a bunch of jackets and the ones that fit better were closer to the 44, and that most off the rack smalls are too big for me, he said just go for 44 with 46 lengths. I'm just having that paranoia that first timers seem to have and kicking myself wondering if I should have listened to Charly, as is often repeated.
http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/availableproducts - What is available
http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/toj02013 - $380 Varsity
http://johncoppidge.tumblr.com/suitingwoolma1 - $450 Suiting wool MA-1
All full leather jackets start at $780
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 27 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 41 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 55 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...