Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2319post #34771 of 4802410/3/13 at 10:26am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34772 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:13pmpost #34773 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:16pmpost #34774 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:17pmDistorbiant asked me to post more details on my jacket. I've had it for about two years now... figured it's time to report back.
Jacket is light whiskey italian calf, offered only briefly. I'd been fixin on getting a medium grey lamb MDR, but Drew said "this shit would look legit for yall dirty blondes," then charlie said "with this leather, you gotta get DR2010". so I trusted them without even thinkin about it, though I'd never considered the 2010 before.
And thank god I did. I've sunk enough dollars into toj for the bronze loyalty club member, and i've way too many jackets, but this is the one I always come back to.
Told be truth, I don't know a damned thing about photography. I just did my best. I hope the subtleties of the colors and fading come through.
I ain't coddled this jacket at all. I take it everywhere, get it beat up. First got it in November, been drenched to the bone several times during the rainy california winters. Jacket didn't care, ate it all up. Then come spring, time for learning and exploring. Learned to ride a motorcycle, fell off several times wearing the jacket - again, the jacket didn't care. Gone hiking up through dusty areas and lush green forests alike.
That autumn was time for mischief. Exploring abandoned towns, climbing railways, crawling around the streets of San Francisco with a head so full of acid I thought I was flying. Next summer rolled in and it was time for drifting; thousands of miles on two wheels all up and down the coast, from Portland to the Valley of Death. I'd unbuckle the belts and let em blow in the wind, 100MPH across highway 5, hot winds blowing across the desert. Taking breaks to wander the hard caliche, staring up at the sun, dust everywhere.
Anyway, the jacket's browned in the areas where it makes contact with my skin - about the wrists and neck. In some places it's been sunbleached, especially on the upper back - you got a cool gradient effect where it's a rich caramel on the bottom and a bleached dust color on top. You can see where the belts come across, underneath their silhouette is visible in the leather. Other places the leather is stained grey or even black from chain lube or motor oil or asphalt or plain grit. Been conditioned with lexol twice, though I don't know that it was needed. Seemed like a fun thing to do.
Detailed images: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For all you pondering how many tenths of an inch to shave off your shoulder measurements, chill. It's a leather jacket - it's gonna stretch and grow over time anyway. Imperfections are the nature of the beast and they only make it better. Make it tell a story.
Edited by eidolarr - 10/3/13 at 12:34pmpost #34775 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:19pmpost #34776 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:21pmpost #34777 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:21pmpost #34778 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:25pmpost #34779 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:29pmpost #34780 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:30pmpost #34781 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:31pmpost #34782 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
The color mine is now isn't the color it was originally. It ate up some sun and got lighter over time.
I tried to fix the photographs. If it didn't work, fuck it, here's the album: https://imgur.com/a/YOS09#0post #34783 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:43pmpost #34784 of 4802410/3/13 at 12:58pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1741 Active Users (490 Members and 1251 Guests)
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 47 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 7 minutes ago
- › First suit, no budget restrictions 7 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 7 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...