Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2303post #34531 of 481409/21/13 at 10:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34532 of 481409/21/13 at 11:30ampost #34533 of 481409/21/13 at 11:41ampost #34534 of 481409/21/13 at 11:54ampost #34535 of 481409/21/13 at 12:23pmpost #34536 of 481409/21/13 at 12:25pmpost #34537 of 481409/21/13 at 12:26pmpost #34538 of 481409/21/13 at 1:21pmpost #34539 of 481409/21/13 at 1:48pmpost #34540 of 481409/21/13 at 2:05pmpost #34541 of 481409/21/13 at 2:12pmpost #34542 of 481409/21/13 at 2:14pmpost #34543 of 481409/21/13 at 3:31pm
Alright, the T1! (with a crappy camera)
Buttoned, collar popped
Unbuttoned, collar down
Attempt at different lighting
The Stable: Cracked Pepper Fishtail, Navy/sand tan TOJ0, Medium Grey T1, Black Lamb CWU
Simply put: the T1 is awesome. I won't bore you, as I think Synthese has already captured its essence in his excellent review. There isn't much more to add to it, other than I'm once again just floored by the material used. The T1 in that lamb suede ends up feeling like a really heavy shirt; but not a heavy jacket. Ultimately, I never know what to expect with a TOJ right out of the package (I even stopped and reminded myself, "you only once get to touch this material for the first time") , and every single time it has surprised me for the better. I mentioned it in passing before, but I ended up foregoing the BCDR for the T1, because for me, I thought it would be easier to wear. After wearing it, I think it was the best choice for me. It will be the jacket I wear as I become an old man.
I'm happy to have essentially been able to sample most of the TOJ materials (as a materials engineer, I feel like this is my duty, and how I justify that ~$2500 expenditure within a year) -- my only regret is that I didn't get anything in calf. Though, if I went with another leather, it would be extremely hard to pass up another of the black lamb.
I got to wear everything but the parka this week to work, and it is truly amazing, as Synthese mentioned, how you can simply wear a TOJ, a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers, and feel absolutely amazing about an outfit. They fit me so well (thanks Charly -- you went 4-for-4 on me, I love you). It's not a sense of cockiness, so much as it is just absolute confidence in how much a TOJ piece will contribute to your outfit, and make you look entirely fly.
My friend cheezewiz put me onto TOJ about a year ago, and I feel like you guys have absolutely stepped my game up. I will miss you guys a lot (my wallet will be happy, though). I do hope you return, as I would like to get a calf jacket eventually.
Thanks TOJ Crew, and all the users here!
Edited by B0Bs4g3t - 9/22/13 at 6:18ampost #34544 of 481409/21/13 at 3:49pmpost #34545 of 481409/21/13 at 4:09pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 1 minute ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 2 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 5 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 8 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 12 minutes ago
- › What are you reading? 13 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Law school and the legal sphere (in North America) 14 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 19 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in... 24 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...