Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2303post #34531 of 530849/21/13 at 10:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34532 of 530849/21/13 at 11:30ampost #34533 of 530849/21/13 at 11:41ampost #34534 of 530849/21/13 at 11:54ampost #34535 of 530849/21/13 at 12:23pmpost #34536 of 530849/21/13 at 12:25pmpost #34537 of 530849/21/13 at 12:26pmpost #34538 of 530849/21/13 at 1:21pmpost #34539 of 530849/21/13 at 1:48pmpost #34540 of 530849/21/13 at 2:05pmpost #34541 of 530849/21/13 at 2:12pmpost #34542 of 530849/21/13 at 2:14pmpost #34543 of 530849/21/13 at 3:31pm
Alright, the T1! (with a crappy camera)
Buttoned, collar popped
Unbuttoned, collar down
Attempt at different lighting
The Stable: Cracked Pepper Fishtail, Navy/sand tan TOJ0, Medium Grey T1, Black Lamb CWU
Simply put: the T1 is awesome. I won't bore you, as I think Synthese has already captured its essence in his excellent review. There isn't much more to add to it, other than I'm once again just floored by the material used. The T1 in that lamb suede ends up feeling like a really heavy shirt; but not a heavy jacket. Ultimately, I never know what to expect with a TOJ right out of the package (I even stopped and reminded myself, "you only once get to touch this material for the first time") , and every single time it has surprised me for the better. I mentioned it in passing before, but I ended up foregoing the BCDR for the T1, because for me, I thought it would be easier to wear. After wearing it, I think it was the best choice for me. It will be the jacket I wear as I become an old man.
I'm happy to have essentially been able to sample most of the TOJ materials (as a materials engineer, I feel like this is my duty, and how I justify that ~$2500 expenditure within a year) -- my only regret is that I didn't get anything in calf. Though, if I went with another leather, it would be extremely hard to pass up another of the black lamb.
I got to wear everything but the parka this week to work, and it is truly amazing, as Synthese mentioned, how you can simply wear a TOJ, a t-shirt, jeans and sneakers, and feel absolutely amazing about an outfit. They fit me so well (thanks Charly -- you went 4-for-4 on me, I love you). It's not a sense of cockiness, so much as it is just absolute confidence in how much a TOJ piece will contribute to your outfit, and make you look entirely fly.
My friend cheezewiz put me onto TOJ about a year ago, and I feel like you guys have absolutely stepped my game up. I will miss you guys a lot (my wallet will be happy, though). I do hope you return, as I would like to get a calf jacket eventually.
Thanks TOJ Crew, and all the users here!
Edited by B0Bs4g3t - 9/22/13 at 6:18ampost #34544 of 530849/21/13 at 3:49pmpost #34545 of 530849/21/13 at 4:09pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 22 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › NIKE Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sole Peeling on John Lobb Hutton's? 10 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 28 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 40 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 41 minutes ago
- › Help me find this jacket 46 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...