Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2278
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34157 of 530818/29/13 at 3:34pmpost #34158 of 530818/29/13 at 3:58pmpost #34159 of 530818/29/13 at 3:59pmpost #34160 of 530818/29/13 at 4:04pmQuote:
Probably a sensible suggestion. To be honest, it doesn't look that bad, not great but not bad. I guess you're always going to be unhappy with it, and there's no guarantee you'll like it even with the 300 alterations so just cut your losses.post #34161 of 530818/29/13 at 4:05pmpost #34162 of 530818/29/13 at 4:24pmLooks good to me too, is there something I'm missing?
Edit: I read your posts too, obviously. But in the photographs you posted, I honestly think the jacket looks fine. You might have to get someone else to take photos from behind in order to show is what you mean...
...I hate to say this because I really feel for you, but maybe you think it's a lot worse than it really is? Obviously how you feel about the jacket is very important too.post #34163 of 530818/29/13 at 4:38pmpost #34164 of 530818/29/13 at 5:03pmpost #34165 of 530818/29/13 at 5:13pmpost #34166 of 530818/29/13 at 5:23pm
That's quite a cost to alter it, especially with your tight budget. I say leave it the way it is, and get your priorities straight first.After that long post about how awful the jacket turned out from not trusting Charly (ironic that you're the one always preaching it though) I'm surprised it didn't turn out as awful I had in mind. I was expecting something like Cole's example, or even worst, but this actually looks pretty good; care to take a photo of the back?post #34167 of 530818/29/13 at 5:35pm
Thanks for the replies. Perhaps it isn't as bad as I originally thought it was, though it is still unwearable at this point. As I mentioned the pictures don't really capture how poor the fit is on me. That being said, I will make like a cole and take a break from this thread for a while, though any advice or feedback is still appreciated.post #34168 of 530818/30/13 at 8:58pmpost #34169 of 530818/30/13 at 9:18pmpost #34170 of 530818/30/13 at 9:46pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 48 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 55 seconds ago
- › need a good vest, and some shirts 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 2 minutes ago
- › BRAND NEW 12 x SAPHIR CREME/CREAM SURFINE SHOE POLISH TOTAL CARE 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...