Agreed on this, it's giving me second thoughts - I need more pics. Anyone else with a new DR please share fit pics!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2232
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33467 of 481168/1/13 at 2:16amQuote:
I've got a feeling it comes with a Bemberg lining by default anyway, much like the BCDR and new DR.post #33468 of 481168/1/13 at 4:14ampost #33469 of 481168/1/13 at 4:25ampost #33470 of 481168/1/13 at 5:48ampost #33471 of 481168/1/13 at 5:55ampost #33472 of 481168/1/13 at 6:10ampost #33473 of 481168/1/13 at 6:54ampost #33474 of 481168/1/13 at 1:24pmI can say for sure that different jackets are made by different people (though the motos might be made by the same people as the riders).
So if one shop is moving faster than another or has less orders, then that kind if jacket is going to come out faster.
I don't know exactly how production works within a shop though. From Drew's posts, it looks like a lot of them are along the lines of husband and wife teams. They don't sit there and work through one jacket at a time though...seems like the cutter will cut a bunch of leather pieces and bundle them up. Then it goes to the person who does the sewing--I don't know how they work; they might do full jackets at once, but it seems reasonable that you would assemble different parts in batches (cuts down on things like having to switch sewing machines or swap to a zipper foot).
Still though, I can't imagine each jacket takes very long from the point where it goes from the cutter to the sewer...its probably more of a function of collecting them all and shipping them that makes them show up in large batches.
So its hard to say...since there are different shops doing the sewing, just because someone ordered a different jacket on the same day as you, doesn't mean that your jacket is ready...but I wouldn't be surprised if it is close to (or in) production, even if you last submitted the bemberg upgrade in early july.post #33475 of 481168/1/13 at 3:23pmpost #33476 of 481168/1/13 at 3:42pmpost #33477 of 481168/1/13 at 3:46pmpost #33478 of 481168/1/13 at 3:52pmpost #33479 of 481168/1/13 at 3:57pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1688 Active Users (413 Members and 1275 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Louis Vuitton Michael Damier Black Leather Backpack 1 minute ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › next blazer after the staples? 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...