Agreed on this, it's giving me second thoughts - I need more pics. Anyone else with a new DR please share fit pics!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2232
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33467 of 496378/1/13 at 2:16amQuote:
I've got a feeling it comes with a Bemberg lining by default anyway, much like the BCDR and new DR.post #33468 of 496378/1/13 at 4:14ampost #33469 of 496378/1/13 at 4:25ampost #33470 of 496378/1/13 at 5:48ampost #33471 of 496378/1/13 at 5:55ampost #33472 of 496378/1/13 at 6:10ampost #33473 of 496378/1/13 at 6:54ampost #33474 of 496378/1/13 at 1:24pmI can say for sure that different jackets are made by different people (though the motos might be made by the same people as the riders).
So if one shop is moving faster than another or has less orders, then that kind if jacket is going to come out faster.
I don't know exactly how production works within a shop though. From Drew's posts, it looks like a lot of them are along the lines of husband and wife teams. They don't sit there and work through one jacket at a time though...seems like the cutter will cut a bunch of leather pieces and bundle them up. Then it goes to the person who does the sewing--I don't know how they work; they might do full jackets at once, but it seems reasonable that you would assemble different parts in batches (cuts down on things like having to switch sewing machines or swap to a zipper foot).
Still though, I can't imagine each jacket takes very long from the point where it goes from the cutter to the sewer...its probably more of a function of collecting them all and shipping them that makes them show up in large batches.
So its hard to say...since there are different shops doing the sewing, just because someone ordered a different jacket on the same day as you, doesn't mean that your jacket is ready...but I wouldn't be surprised if it is close to (or in) production, even if you last submitted the bemberg upgrade in early july.post #33475 of 496378/1/13 at 3:23pmpost #33476 of 496378/1/13 at 3:42pmpost #33477 of 496378/1/13 at 3:46pmpost #33478 of 496378/1/13 at 3:52pmpost #33479 of 496378/1/13 at 3:57pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1070 Active Users (209 Members and 861 Guests)
- › New suit designs, critique please 1 minute ago
- › Discover The Muscle Building Tips Of The Pros 2 minutes ago
- › Hushband Wife Love Problem Solution Baba 9988279155 2 minutes ago
- › Vashikaran Mantra For Love Expert 09988279155 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 8 minutes ago
- › CHHAT POOJA 09988279155 Online Love problem Solutin Baba 13 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 14 minutes ago
- › I get on my nerves like right here 14 minutes ago
- › + 9 1 - 9 9 8 8 2 7 9 1 5 5 Online love problem solution baba 17 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 20 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan