I'm about to order one as well and going with 4 zips.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2206post #33076 of 530887/21/13 at 8:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33077 of 530887/21/13 at 8:50ampost #33078 of 530887/21/13 at 8:52amQuote:
Timeless? I don't know if the zippers will change how "timeless" it looks. Here on this forum, you're going to get people telling you nothing but specifically getting a motto in silver 4 zip in lamb. Look in the gallery, see what others have gotten and decide what you think will look best on you. If you want a reason for why 4 zip is recommended by Drew, it's because the chest zippers accentuate that part of the body, making it look broader.post #33079 of 530887/21/13 at 8:53amQuote:
Probably the last picture. It's somewhere between light and medium brown...kind of the color of peanut butter.
It's a nice looking shade of brown as is, but I think with some serious wear it will be off the charts.post #33080 of 530887/21/13 at 8:57amQuote:
I like the collared moto with gunmetal 2-zips the most.
I feel like the leather is already so nice and flashy by itself that anything extra reduces the versatility of the jacket.post #33081 of 530887/21/13 at 9:04am
Those of you with tight sleeves on your (calf) jackets - I have a question.
How much "give" did your jacket have in the sleeves after some wear?
I typically wear button up long sleeve shirts, with the sleeves rolled up on my forearm. Well, I ordered my jacket quite fitted, and when I put it on the jacket forces my shirt sleeves to hike up past my elbow... leaving most of the shirt on my bicep.
I can't bend my elbow much past 90 degrees which sounds typical for new calf, but the shirt thing I'm not sure will go away?
This size also doesn't leave much room for weight change, if my arms were to get bigger.
Other than the sleeves though, I pretty much nailed the sizing for my first TOJ. It's a lovely piece of work.post #33082 of 530887/21/13 at 9:12amTry holding onto the sleeve of your shirt as you put on your jacket. If the sleeves are flat and down to your wrists instead of bunched up around the bicep then you should be able to bend your arms. The leather will stretch slightly giving you a bit more mobility but you really should be able to fit a shirt under.post #33083 of 530887/21/13 at 9:14amQuote:
4 ZIP MOTO
4 ZIP MOTO
4 Z I P M O T OQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
black 4-zip 2011 Moto. Black 4-zip will be surprisingly satisfying for years to come. I offer the blue for people who get bored with their already existing black, brown, grey leathers, but no one has ordered a blue one yet, FWIW. It's nice but I can't get a decent photograph of the hue, and it doesn't bother me if I don't make any blue jackets anyway, I think everybody should start with black leather as step one, particularly the black lamb.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I'm thinking about making a TOJ for myself, since I am moving soon and I won't be back for a couple weeks. Would like one to take to Japan with me to wear. Haven't decided as of today, but it'll be one of these:
1. Whisky (any of the three, but probably the light or medium) calfskin 2011 Moto - 4 zip frontQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Seriously, 2 years of wear on a 4-zip Moto in one of these whisky shades = lifetime of success.
I really feel that a 4-zip Moto in the Medium whisky calf could reach that kind of level if somebody got one and broke it in properly, that's really not stretching it. It's just that it's a combo of the right jacket and the time and wear on the part of the right person.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
The new tan would be good a 4-zip Moto, it has a slight pebble grain to it and reminds me a lot of an Hermes Birkin bag that Mrs TOJ has - same cold feel and pliability and softness. It's dyed through and not painted over, so it'd make a good jacket if you can wear lighter colors like that.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
We delivered one of these in the same configuration to pinedust a few weeks ago, it's a really good combo. Been loving the way the silver zips finish off black and the rest of the colors as well. Somehow, as a piece, it's pretty far evolved from the very first original Moto sample (which aeglus eventually bought and wore) and yet at the same time, it's not - back to the black lamb 4-zip Moto with silver zippers formula.Quote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I've gone to lengths on why I like the 4-zip Moto, and that is because it tends to accentuate the chest well, regardless of whether you're smaller or larger chested - the variegated nature of zippers breaks things up laterally and then the zippers being there, that in itself breaks up the distance vertically.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
My own personal wishlist (which I might get around to getting eventually, since production is now opening up)
- black lamb 4-zip MDR with silver zips
- maybe a diesel blue or Sherwood heavy calf suede channel-quilted BCDR (like willy's)
- Sand lamb channel-quilt BCDR
- 2010 DR in black lamb with gold hardware and zips
- 4-zip moto in one of the horsehides
- Synthese's dark taupe lamb suede T-1
- another black lamb CWU-45, with collarQuote:Quote:
Edited by willy cheesesteak - 7/21/13 at 9:52ampost #33084 of 530887/21/13 at 11:24ampost #33085 of 530887/21/13 at 1:18pmpost #33086 of 530887/21/13 at 2:49pmpost #33087 of 530887/21/13 at 8:00pmpost #33088 of 530887/21/13 at 8:24pmpost #33089 of 530887/21/13 at 8:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by 5354
If you must. Otherwise, let it get beat up like Charly and Drew have mentioned.
Please use the search function for questions, thanks your cooperation is appreciated.Quote:Quote:
Skipped the past few hundred posts as this thread is ridiculous but the Allen Edmonds stuff is pretty solid and a lot cheaper than saphir
Another spray that is newly stocked is nano protector which epaulet and leffot stock, leffot has a video with hot coffee poured on Alden's with no ill effect
Suede looks better a little beaten up IMO, I wouldn't spray and would just clean as necessary. Hanger project or skoaktiebolaget websites have good cleaning guides
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 7 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 seconds ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 1 minute ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...