Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2192
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32867 of 481057/14/13 at 4:50pmpost #32868 of 481057/14/13 at 4:59pmpost #32869 of 481057/14/13 at 5:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Potsnu
The problem is these same people make zero attempt to find the actual answer. It wasn't like they searched, couldn't find an answer and decided to make a post.
So I'm not sure how replying with a serious answer would help future generations from acquiring the information they need. But I digress.
Had the answer to this question wasn't on the first fucking page of this thread, a snarky remark would not have been made.
He did make an attempt. He asked in this thread.
One post out of 32,867+ posts.
No need to whine and bitch every time someone asks a question or discusses something you specifically don't want to.post #32870 of 481057/14/13 at 5:08pmpost #32871 of 481057/14/13 at 5:08pmIf you just go about your life trying to minimize the amount of twattyness you exude on a daily basis, you will be happier people. If you happen to know the answer to a question on SF, just kindly answer the question and make them aware of how to find other answers to similar questions in the future.
Anyways, after lounging around in this BCDR for the past few days, I have to say that I really get where Synthese comes from with his reviews. When he made that really long post about his T1 and whatnot, I appreciated it, but I definitely didn't fully understand it (though I may have thought that I did at the time.) There's something about the construction of a ToJ, combined with the high quality material that is a bit magical. It's not a logical 1+1=2 type deal. I get a similar feeling when I wear and handle Japanese Repro stuff. I have a Strike Gold hoodie, RMC crewneck, Samurai jeans. They're all ridiculously nice, but ToJ has this additional value that comes from the fact that this jacket is mine. It was not simply produced, it was made to order. It may not fit, in the objective sense, perfectly, but it's exactly what I asked for, exactly what I wanted, and exactly what I continue to want. I'm obviously not the most well-spoken person to own a few ToJs by now, but those are my thoughts. Really excited for my upcoming T1 order.post #32872 of 481057/14/13 at 5:23pmpost #32873 of 481057/14/13 at 5:46pm
Which suede color did you go for? I've been on the fence about ordering a T1... it looks crazy nice and won't be found anywhere outside of Toj. A1 is my favorite suede jacket from gallery pictures, but T1 is my second suede choice and its available now :) (black cwu in closet, black moto ordered)post #32874 of 481057/14/13 at 6:14pmQuote:
Tarrago Nano Protector is a good non-silicone spray that in my experience won't darken light coloured suede like a lot of other sprays can - demo here:
Obenaufs Watershield is also good, but its silicone based (which I understand can dry out leather?) and does darken the suede a bit.post #32875 of 481057/14/13 at 6:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by congratulations
Which suede color did you go for? I've been on the fence about ordering a T1... it looks crazy nice and won't be found anywhere outside of Toj. A1 is my favorite suede jacket from gallery pictures, but T1 is my second suede choice and its available now (black cwu in closet, black moto ordered)
Went with medium grey. I'm a simple man, I like a high quality basic. I admire those who can pull off some of the "cooler" colourways, but that ain't me.post #32876 of 481057/14/13 at 8:57pmEvery time I'm in here some jackass is giving a smartass answer to a simple question, gets called out for it, then spends the rest of the page defending his post instead of just saying "fair enough, my bad" and moving on... nowadays I tend to just scroll through the page to see if there's any pictures/new posts from Drew or Charly.
Bet you lots of people do the same for that reason and that's why some of the same questions get repeated over and over again.post #32877 of 481057/14/13 at 9:12pm
I want to make my first TOJ purchase and get a TOJ0 2013. Just wondering if anyone has put together a full gallery of all the different styles people have purchased and taken pictures ... so i can choose colors. Only link I can find is here: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=16266
Any more sources for pics of TOJ0 2013 that is organised?post #32878 of 481057/14/13 at 9:14pmpost #32879 of 481057/14/13 at 9:21pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Reigning Champ Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 3 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › anyone dealing with hair loss/thinning/balding? 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...