Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2186post #32776 of 498777/11/13 at 8:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32777 of 498777/11/13 at 12:12pmpost #32778 of 498777/11/13 at 12:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by AriGold
the sarcasm was lost completely... anyways got my new TOJ OXBLOOD (not burgundy, because its really oxblood in real life). I sized up a bit compared to my navy DR. I like the new details although the cuffs are wierd and they are not the convertible cuff with the snaps. also there are alot more unfinished edges with this jacket, say for example the belt, epaulets, pocket flat etc. That is, I can see the edge of the leather where in my navy DR, everything had been folded and stitched, with no exposed cutting edges. Can't type in this jacket because it bunches up at the wrist when zipped. a more relaxed fit here, but these pics are bad so will get better ones tmr in day light.
In terms of the texture of the oxblood calf, still soft, not too thick (its not thin either), a bit drier than the navy calf, and a bit tougher, and not as waxy. Some leather conditioner will definitely help this thing break in. bigger lapels, bigger collar, when folded up it will engulf your face.
overall its a great jacket but there was more attention to detail on the old MDR IMO. Thanks again for everything TOJ crew, Drew Charly Dan Sally.
Great fit and thanks for the review and comparison of the finer construction details ... BTW, when was your old MDR made?post #32779 of 498777/11/13 at 12:36pmpost #32780 of 498777/11/13 at 2:52pmpost #32781 of 498777/11/13 at 3:07pmpost #32782 of 498777/11/13 at 3:51pmpost #32783 of 498777/11/13 at 3:53pmReceived my black/black toj0 today.
Supple lamb sleeves and a ridiculously smooth body along with the occasional sun-soaked glint off the button makes this one of the sickest jackets that I've ever owned.
Thanks TOJ crew and trust in charly.
Fit pics coming up soon
Edited by ytip - 7/11/13 at 5:35pmpost #32784 of 498777/11/13 at 4:09pmpost #32785 of 498777/11/13 at 5:37pmpost #32786 of 498777/11/13 at 7:12pmpost #32787 of 498777/11/13 at 7:16pmpost #32788 of 498777/11/13 at 7:23pmpost #32789 of 498777/11/13 at 7:33pmThread StarterHas nothing to do with quality. It's just how you make things like belts, epaulets, and other small tubular details that the other jackets (like MDRs) do not have. Clothing is sewn inside out and then turned back out again to finish. How do you think a tube of calf is sewn on both sides and then turned back out? It's two inches wide and over 35" long at that point. That's not physically possible. An epaulet wouldn't do it either, at like 3 or 4 inches. You can check this with any leather jacket out there.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1497 Active Users (403 Members and 1094 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan