Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2186post #32776 of 490027/11/13 at 8:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32777 of 490027/11/13 at 12:12pmpost #32778 of 490027/11/13 at 12:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by AriGold
the sarcasm was lost completely... anyways got my new TOJ OXBLOOD (not burgundy, because its really oxblood in real life). I sized up a bit compared to my navy DR. I like the new details although the cuffs are wierd and they are not the convertible cuff with the snaps. also there are alot more unfinished edges with this jacket, say for example the belt, epaulets, pocket flat etc. That is, I can see the edge of the leather where in my navy DR, everything had been folded and stitched, with no exposed cutting edges. Can't type in this jacket because it bunches up at the wrist when zipped. a more relaxed fit here, but these pics are bad so will get better ones tmr in day light.
In terms of the texture of the oxblood calf, still soft, not too thick (its not thin either), a bit drier than the navy calf, and a bit tougher, and not as waxy. Some leather conditioner will definitely help this thing break in. bigger lapels, bigger collar, when folded up it will engulf your face.
overall its a great jacket but there was more attention to detail on the old MDR IMO. Thanks again for everything TOJ crew, Drew Charly Dan Sally.
Great fit and thanks for the review and comparison of the finer construction details ... BTW, when was your old MDR made?post #32779 of 490027/11/13 at 12:36pmpost #32780 of 490027/11/13 at 2:52pmpost #32781 of 490027/11/13 at 3:07pmpost #32782 of 490027/11/13 at 3:51pmpost #32783 of 490027/11/13 at 3:53pmReceived my black/black toj0 today.
Supple lamb sleeves and a ridiculously smooth body along with the occasional sun-soaked glint off the button makes this one of the sickest jackets that I've ever owned.
Thanks TOJ crew and trust in charly.
Fit pics coming up soon
Edited by ytip - 7/11/13 at 5:35pmpost #32784 of 490027/11/13 at 4:09pmpost #32785 of 490027/11/13 at 5:37pmpost #32786 of 490027/11/13 at 7:12pmpost #32787 of 490027/11/13 at 7:16pmpost #32788 of 490027/11/13 at 7:23pmpost #32789 of 490027/11/13 at 7:33pmThread StarterHas nothing to do with quality. It's just how you make things like belts, epaulets, and other small tubular details that the other jackets (like MDRs) do not have. Clothing is sewn inside out and then turned back out again to finish. How do you think a tube of calf is sewn on both sides and then turned back out? It's two inches wide and over 35" long at that point. That's not physically possible. An epaulet wouldn't do it either, at like 3 or 4 inches. You can check this with any leather jacket out there.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1440 Active Users (306 Members and 1134 Guests)
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 12 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 18 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 20 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 21 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan