Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2141
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32102 of 481046/27/13 at 10:21pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Potsnu
The colours look really off from that picture, must be the flash.
The navy body should be the same as the sample, as that was navy/black.
And the grey should be the last grey in this photo, but Charly did mention it was expected to be a bit darker in person. But that photo makes it seem really dark.
There must be a ton of flash in that photo. The navy and the ribbing are both very dark. Here's natural light with a touch of shade (iphone 5 camera)post #32103 of 481046/27/13 at 11:44pmpost #32104 of 481046/27/13 at 11:48pmpost #32105 of 481046/28/13 at 12:43amQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I think I mentioned this before but no one took me seriously - wet (if lamb) and condition if calf, saturate it til it's floppy, then use a large rubber band like that which you get on a bunch of broccoli from the supermarket, or a hipster girls headband. Hang it zipped up, collar closed that way overnight or for a couple nights, refresh as necessary -It will keep the collar held in the middle with that reverse roll.
Throwing this out there as a reminder, since I'm expecting a CWU soon too
NIce pictures!post #32106 of 481046/28/13 at 2:24ampost #32107 of 481046/28/13 at 6:02ampost #32108 of 481046/28/13 at 6:04ampost #32109 of 481046/28/13 at 7:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Potsnu
I thought the same thing, but either Willy or Charly cleared that up a long time ago.
It did however convince me to get Navy/Grey since I was better able to visualize how it would turn out lol
I'm still contemplating a Black/Yellow but I have way too many varsities as it is.
go black and yellowpost #32110 of 481046/28/13 at 7:39ampost #32111 of 481046/28/13 at 7:44am
Got my first toj today, oxblood calf MDR. Took a few pics and I think the fit is pretty spot on. I haven't seen it in natural light yet, but the colour is really hard to judge. It tends to looks brown or burgundy-ish depending on light and angle.
I know everyone says it, but the calf is so much more heavier and thicker and stiffer than I expected. Gotta see how it breaks in, but I think I would've been better off with a lamb for my first jacket. But then I haven't experienced a lamb toj in real life so maybe I just think the grass is greener. I've got a Sherwood calf BCDR in the queue and I'm strongly reconsidering a lighter lamb suede instead. But again, gonna see how this jacket breaks in before bothering Charly with order changes.post #32112 of 481046/28/13 at 7:51ampost #32113 of 481046/28/13 at 8:15amThe Navy/Black looks fantastic in natural lighting. I am very excited to get my Navy/Grey. I can visualize the combo in my head and I think it will look awesome.
I feel like ordering the Black/Yellow for everyone here, there can't be that many that are ordered that end up on the forum.
Currently in my line up:
-Black/Purple Winter Varsity
-Brown Lamb A-2 Bomber
-Black/Black/Digi Camo TOJ 2011
-Navy/Grey Goat TOJ0 2013 (still a few weeks out)
-Steel Grey Channel Quilt BCDR (ordered 2 weeks ago)
-Black Lamb 3 Silver Zip MDR (ordered last week)
-Black/Yellow TOJ0 2013
-Olive Calf 4 Zip MDR or Electric Blue Goat 3 Zip MDR
-Navy/Black or Grey/Black TOJ0 2013 (huge maybe, varsity overdose at that point)
Like I said, if I get the Black/Yellow that will put me into Tier 1 of the loyalty program and I might as well get another jacket at that point lol..post #32114 of 481046/28/13 at 8:23amQuote:
Great fit. Thanks for the pictures.
Hoping I get tracking soon for mycharly ma-1. I ordered first week of April.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 2 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 5 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 11 minutes ago
- › Memento Clothing Kansas Caviar Grey Peak Lapel Blazer 46 36 12 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 13 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...