Did you read the measurements? Looks too short, should be a bit longer than your MDR. I'd also increase chest and waist a bit.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2134
Styleforum Top Picks
How do you think an A2 with the following measurements will fit on a 6'1 guy with a 40" chest
chest (pit-to-pit) 21.6"
body length, front 22.5"
body length, back 24.7"
sleeve length, from shoulder 25.5"
sleeve width @ pit 7.4"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.5"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.7"
Is this too short? Does the cropped look work for the A2? I have an MDR and TOJ0 that have ~23 front length and 25.5 back length
I'm pretty similar in size to you (6'1" 41" chest) and I did:
body length, front 24.3
body length, back 26.7
sleeve length, from shoulder 27.2
for the lengths.
If it helps here are a couple pics of me wearing it:
Oh that drapes perfectly, I think I will go with the longer lengths. I appreciate the help.
Height/weight is usually good enough to gauge shoulder width.
You guys should really be comparing the shoulder measurement given to shoulder measurements on garments you own to come up with what works best for you.
In the end.. anything <0.5" on the shoulder is pretty insignificant if you sized the rest of the jacket correctly.
Don't believe me? Measure out 0.2" and then put it on either side of your shoulders..
Reminds me of how my girlfriend says that any check pattern reminds her of lumberjacks. These ridiculous connotations only exist in your head (and the heads of a few unfortunate others).
I prefer the 2zip myself. Just looks a lot cleaner in my opinion. I feel like people just take Drew's word and convince themselves to like it, but I only like the 2zip more because I had been eying a moto from Schott for about a year before I saw the TOJ moto.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Windowpane or Glen PlaidFeb 27th, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...