Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2119post #31771 of 498576/19/13 at 8:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31772 of 498576/19/13 at 8:36pmI don't know why we're even having this conversation. I'm pretty sure its obvious that TOJ would not work without Drew. No offense to anyone else who helps with TOJ but they could probably run the business in its current state, meaning they could continue producing the current product line, but Drew was always the one with the vision. A huge part of the TOJ vision was to constantly improve and create reiterations of classic and previous models which I don't think would happen without him.post #31773 of 498576/19/13 at 8:51pmpost #31774 of 498576/19/13 at 9:47pmpost #31775 of 498576/20/13 at 2:22ampost #31776 of 498576/20/13 at 2:51amMake sure you use common sense when you're trusting charly. If you give him shitty measurements you'll get a shitty reccomendation, compare the measurements he sent you with stuff you already have.
I changed quite a few of Charly's measurements after cross-referencing measurements with other jackets I own, and I'm glad I did.post #31777 of 498576/20/13 at 3:52ampost #31778 of 498576/20/13 at 4:02ampost #31779 of 498576/20/13 at 4:17am
Just copped the house special, black lamb 4-zip MDR with silver hardware.
Pumped. And nervous as hell about sizing...first MTM jitters.
The measurements we ended up settling on:
Body length, front: 22.2"
Body length, back: 24.4"
Sleeve length: 25"
I'm 5'11" and last time I weighed myself, ~150lbs.
Anyone else out there with a similar build care to comment on my measurements? Feel like I need some reassurance -_-
On another note, fuuuark I wanna grab a 2-zip 2011 moto, silver hardware in dark whiskey calf... Why are you closing just after I discovered you, TOJ, whyyyyyyyy??!!!!!!post #31780 of 498576/20/13 at 5:16ampost #31781 of 498576/20/13 at 5:31amQuote:
Pretty low, I guess...maybe around 13%? I was in India for four months recently, and lost a shit ton of weight. I'm ten weeks into them gym again, and in the early stages of a long, slow bulk till I reach my goal of 175lbs.post #31782 of 498576/20/13 at 5:53amQuote:
I went with no quilt for the reason you stated. Plus, I keep envisioning my 30ish y/o self, and I just don't want to be that guy who has the super aggressive jacket. But that's also just me, and I know I couldn't pull it off easily. I think it will work for many different peoplepost #31783 of 498576/20/13 at 6:21amQuote:
Go longer in the lengths and wider at the waist that you might normally.Quote:
No quilt, regardless of which one is "more aggressive", I just think it looks better that way.post #31784 of 498576/20/13 at 8:03am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 7 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › Andrew Lock - Introducing a new shoe line from a long term member -... 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan