The price includes everything and the answer is always silver.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2113
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31682 of 499286/18/13 at 4:43pmpost #31683 of 499286/18/13 at 4:54pmpost #31684 of 499286/18/13 at 5:12pmpost #31685 of 499286/18/13 at 5:20pmQuote:
black bcdr gold zips baby
drew says DRs for slimmer ppl and motos for larger ppl, he also says that rule doesn't always applypost #31686 of 499286/18/13 at 5:25pmpost #31687 of 499286/18/13 at 5:29pm
I'm looking to get a Black Calf MDR with all black hardware but when I asked, Charly suggested silver (as I've heard he always does). That being said I'm still quite torn because I really want black hardware but my friend is also telling me I should get silver. Has anyone gotten all black and regretted it/loved it, and are there any reasons I might be overlooking which I should be avoiding? I've heard that most people that are unsure of Charly's suggestions are ultimately glad they took them but I'm just worried I would like black on black more. I'm a fit male with a light tan complexion if that matters.post #31688 of 499286/18/13 at 6:04pmI think it's just from an aesthetic and historical standpoint. The double rider is an iconic piece that is known for its image as the rugged biker jacket with contrasting silver hardware. When put together, it just has the feeling that everything "fits". From an aesthetic point of view, the silver zips provide the perfect accent for the look , whereas black hardware does not complement the jacket in the same way. Personally, I think the jacket looks understated with black hardware - however, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course.post #31689 of 499286/18/13 at 6:10pm
In my opinion, using silver, and to a lesser extent gold, hardware on black leather adds visual interest whereas black on black tends to look very monotonous and ultimately boring if not a bit cheapened. It's also dependent on the piece and cut as well as personal styling. For example, I believe Artishard had a blacked out leather (hardware minimal) but it fit's his particular aesthetic and style. On the other hand, I haven't really liked other blacked out MDRs fit pics.
It sounds like you're over thinking the piece, stick with silver and you won't regret it. Or compromise and get gunmetal.
Edited by Stitches - 6/18/13 at 6:23pmpost #31690 of 499286/18/13 at 6:21pmpost #31691 of 499286/18/13 at 6:28pmpost #31692 of 499286/18/13 at 7:07pmpost #31693 of 499286/18/13 at 7:24pm
Need help sizing an A2;
Looking to purchase a used A2 with the following measurements;
Pit to Pit: 22"
Front Length: 23"
Back Length: 25"
Width @pit: 7.25"
Width @elbow: 6.25"
Width @cuff: 5.25"
and here are the measurements I sent last for my moto
body length, front
body length, back
sleeve length, from shoulder
sleeve width @ pit
sleeve width @ elbow
sleeve width @ cuff
Everything on the A2 I'm looking to buy looks a bit too big. But is it okay to size the A2 a bit bigger than the moto? Here's the fit of my moto;
Edited by AKang - 6/18/13 at 7:37pmpost #31694 of 499286/18/13 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by hkothari
I'm looking to get a Black Calf MDR with all black hardware but when I asked, Charly suggested silver (as I've heard he always does). That being said I'm still quite torn because I really want black hardware but my friend is also telling me I should get silver. Has anyone gotten all black and regretted it/loved it, and are there any reasons I might be overlooking which I should be avoiding? I've heard that most people that are unsure of Charly's suggestions are ultimately glad they took them but I'm just worried I would like black on black more. I'm a fit male with a light tan complexion if that matters.
You ever see a modified car with smoked tail lights, 5% tinted windows, black rims? I hate those cars. Zero creativity and is just plain boring.
In terms of every outfit, you want accents and contrast. The silver and black combo is flawless. If a jacket has nice lines, you want to accent it with silver details, not conceal them with all black hardware.post #31695 of 499286/18/13 at 7:28pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › A comprehensive guide to Italian shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Bespoke Charvet questions 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 14 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 18 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 22 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 26 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 27 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan