Build the hype up enough, people'll pay.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2089
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31322 of 499286/12/13 at 9:40amQuote:
Right because no one pays over retail for brands like Supreme and BAPE during it's glory days....
Why wouldn't people pay over retail for brand new items that will no longer be in production? I'm not sure you understand how capitalism works my friend.post #31323 of 499286/12/13 at 9:56ampost #31324 of 499286/12/13 at 9:58amQuote:
While I really like my olive calfskin, I am not convinced it is going to outlive my brown lambskin.post #31325 of 499286/12/13 at 9:58ampost #31326 of 499286/12/13 at 9:59ampost #31327 of 499286/12/13 at 10:28am1. the CM: the cm is not gonna be all a toj could be for you unless you look like notwithit--what's the brad quote? "this looks good because you have a perfect body"? I just don't think the design on it makes that much sense for anybody's aesthetic. get an mdr or a 2010. but, i guess, take this with a grain of salt: i also don't like the normal moto, though for different reasons.
2. the calf vs lamb debate: i have a brown calf bomber from when that was possible, years ago, and a black lamb dr 2010. the calf will never feel or drape like the lamb. the calf is a little warmer and feels quite firm, whereas the lamb is easier to wear--lighter, stretchier--and the handfeel is amazing.
I psychologically feel better in the lamb than in the calf. I think it's a comfort thing.post #31328 of 499286/12/13 at 10:31amBest of luck in the new venture, Drew. Wish I hadn't slept on that A1 and I hope the chance for me to buy one somehow rolls around again.
I've been working in restaurants for a long time and one of the most important things I've learned is that the details are what makes the difference. I'm sure if you can apply the same meticulous detail standards to your restaurant as you did on your clothes, you'll be successful.
Alternatively, if this wasn't happening on the other side of the world I'd offer to work for you as your sommelier and accept payment in jackets. Dream job.post #31329 of 499286/12/13 at 10:34ampost #31330 of 499286/12/13 at 10:56amQuote:
No, end results will never be similar. One is simply harder than the other.post #31331 of 499286/12/13 at 11:09amI've actually been thinking about ToJ shuttering their "doors" quite a bit since I read the announcement, and I suppose the big disappointment for me comes down to the fact that this company gave customers all over the world such pleasure from buying such a wonderful product at the right price, whereas a restaurant in Seoul, while it will no doubt be stellar (I have faith in Drew-San), can at best serve merely a fraction of world customers that ToJ served.
Really hope Drew comes back to it again one day, there's honestly no replacement for ToJpost #31332 of 499286/12/13 at 11:23ampost #31333 of 499286/12/13 at 11:27ampost #31334 of 499286/12/13 at 11:48ampost #31335 of 499286/12/13 at 1:20pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1332 Active Users (324 Members and 1008 Guests)
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 4 seconds ago
- › amir khan at chris algieri 1 minute ago
- › chris algieri at amir khan 1 minute ago
- › chris algieri vs amir khan 1 minute ago
- › chris algieri vs amir khan live 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › chris algieri vs amir khan live 1 minute ago
- › amir khan vs chris algieri live stream 2 minutes ago
- › amir khan vs chris algieri live 2 minutes ago
- › Best Dressed Men 2 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan