Build the hype up enough, people'll pay.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2089
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31322 of 491326/12/13 at 9:40amQuote:
Right because no one pays over retail for brands like Supreme and BAPE during it's glory days....
Why wouldn't people pay over retail for brand new items that will no longer be in production? I'm not sure you understand how capitalism works my friend.post #31323 of 491326/12/13 at 9:56ampost #31324 of 491326/12/13 at 9:58amQuote:
While I really like my olive calfskin, I am not convinced it is going to outlive my brown lambskin.post #31325 of 491326/12/13 at 9:58ampost #31326 of 491326/12/13 at 9:59ampost #31327 of 491326/12/13 at 10:28am1. the CM: the cm is not gonna be all a toj could be for you unless you look like notwithit--what's the brad quote? "this looks good because you have a perfect body"? I just don't think the design on it makes that much sense for anybody's aesthetic. get an mdr or a 2010. but, i guess, take this with a grain of salt: i also don't like the normal moto, though for different reasons.
2. the calf vs lamb debate: i have a brown calf bomber from when that was possible, years ago, and a black lamb dr 2010. the calf will never feel or drape like the lamb. the calf is a little warmer and feels quite firm, whereas the lamb is easier to wear--lighter, stretchier--and the handfeel is amazing.
I psychologically feel better in the lamb than in the calf. I think it's a comfort thing.post #31328 of 491326/12/13 at 10:31amBest of luck in the new venture, Drew. Wish I hadn't slept on that A1 and I hope the chance for me to buy one somehow rolls around again.
I've been working in restaurants for a long time and one of the most important things I've learned is that the details are what makes the difference. I'm sure if you can apply the same meticulous detail standards to your restaurant as you did on your clothes, you'll be successful.
Alternatively, if this wasn't happening on the other side of the world I'd offer to work for you as your sommelier and accept payment in jackets. Dream job.post #31329 of 491326/12/13 at 10:34ampost #31330 of 491326/12/13 at 10:56amQuote:
No, end results will never be similar. One is simply harder than the other.post #31331 of 491326/12/13 at 11:09amI've actually been thinking about ToJ shuttering their "doors" quite a bit since I read the announcement, and I suppose the big disappointment for me comes down to the fact that this company gave customers all over the world such pleasure from buying such a wonderful product at the right price, whereas a restaurant in Seoul, while it will no doubt be stellar (I have faith in Drew-San), can at best serve merely a fraction of world customers that ToJ served.
Really hope Drew comes back to it again one day, there's honestly no replacement for ToJpost #31332 of 491326/12/13 at 11:23ampost #31333 of 491326/12/13 at 11:27ampost #31334 of 491326/12/13 at 11:48ampost #31335 of 491326/12/13 at 1:20pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1693 Active Users (319 Members and 1374 Guests)
- › RRL Officer's Chino Shorts - Garment Dyed -Brick - 32 - 100% Cotton 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Slim Walt Trouser - Barberis Grey Guncheck - Size 33 - USA 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Need your expertise> Gray glen plaid silk wool sport coat 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 9 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...