Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2067
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30992 of 530885/31/13 at 8:15pmpost #30993 of 530885/31/13 at 8:39pmpost #30994 of 530885/31/13 at 8:46pmpost #30995 of 530885/31/13 at 9:16pmThread Starterpost #30996 of 530885/31/13 at 9:21pmpost #30997 of 530885/31/13 at 9:23pmpost #30998 of 530886/1/13 at 12:03amEh it depends on your body type. As an ecto, I stayed the same weight up until 24 when i started hitting the gym. Even though i'm 10kg heavier now, a lot of my clothes still fit me well (or better)
If clothing is your hobby, then i say go for it. At 17, i blew all my money on cars and gadgets and don't really have anything to show for itpost #30999 of 530886/1/13 at 1:27ampost #31000 of 530886/1/13 at 1:55ampost #31001 of 530886/1/13 at 2:01ampost #31002 of 530886/1/13 at 2:08ampost #31003 of 530886/1/13 at 3:05amSpent a lot on guitars and clothes at that age too.
My taste in music changed significantly between then and now. I barely pull most of my guitars out of their cases. I mostly bought nicer mid priced "superstrats" and other metal/shred centric guitars (nothing will lame flames or skulls on it) . Now I mainly use a basic but nice American telecaster. Clothing wise was kinda the same. Didn't really do the forum trolling back then so I blew money at places like Hugo boss and saks on things I now can't believe i used to wear. Nowadays I still like clothes but I spend far less time fretting about it. I'm rarely compelled these days to do a lot of impulse shopping.
I suppose the lessons I learned are that no matter the hobby, there's a certain amount of trial and error in finding what's right for you. By not obsessing about it, you can probably avoid getting too invested too early in things you'll eventually regret. Just let things come together more organically. Also, I would have saved myself a lot of regrettable purchases had I just spent the money on the thing I wanted originally instead of trying to find "alternatives".
In short, get yourself a toj0 and let your girlfriends wear it. Make sure to get it back when your tryst is over; jawnz are foreverpost #31004 of 530886/1/13 at 3:11ampost #31005 of 530886/1/13 at 5:08amQuote:Originally Posted by misterswag
Spent a lot on guitars and clothes at that age too.
My taste in music changed significantly between then and now. I barely pull most of my guitars out of their cases. I mostly bought nicer mid priced "superstrats" and other metal/shred centric guitars (nothing will lame flames or skulls on it) . Now I mainly use a basic but nice American telecaster.
Mine did too, but I went the other way. I got an american strat, but I just put a JB jr. in the bridge and I play it all the time still. Also a really nice Taylor acoustic, but its still in the US since last time I was there, british airways wouldn't let me bring it back as a carry-on
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1718 Active Users (373 Members and 1345 Guests)
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 24 seconds ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 46 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 2 minutes ago
- › Iconic DIOR HOMME B01 Sneakers, German Army Trainers, GATs, EU 42 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...