Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2067
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30992 of 535995/31/13 at 8:15pmpost #30993 of 535995/31/13 at 8:39pmpost #30994 of 535995/31/13 at 8:46pmpost #30995 of 535995/31/13 at 9:16pmThread Starterpost #30996 of 535995/31/13 at 9:21pmpost #30997 of 535995/31/13 at 9:23pmpost #30998 of 535996/1/13 at 12:03amEh it depends on your body type. As an ecto, I stayed the same weight up until 24 when i started hitting the gym. Even though i'm 10kg heavier now, a lot of my clothes still fit me well (or better)
If clothing is your hobby, then i say go for it. At 17, i blew all my money on cars and gadgets and don't really have anything to show for itpost #30999 of 535996/1/13 at 1:27ampost #31000 of 535996/1/13 at 1:55ampost #31001 of 535996/1/13 at 2:01ampost #31002 of 535996/1/13 at 2:08ampost #31003 of 535996/1/13 at 3:05amSpent a lot on guitars and clothes at that age too.
My taste in music changed significantly between then and now. I barely pull most of my guitars out of their cases. I mostly bought nicer mid priced "superstrats" and other metal/shred centric guitars (nothing will lame flames or skulls on it) . Now I mainly use a basic but nice American telecaster. Clothing wise was kinda the same. Didn't really do the forum trolling back then so I blew money at places like Hugo boss and saks on things I now can't believe i used to wear. Nowadays I still like clothes but I spend far less time fretting about it. I'm rarely compelled these days to do a lot of impulse shopping.
I suppose the lessons I learned are that no matter the hobby, there's a certain amount of trial and error in finding what's right for you. By not obsessing about it, you can probably avoid getting too invested too early in things you'll eventually regret. Just let things come together more organically. Also, I would have saved myself a lot of regrettable purchases had I just spent the money on the thing I wanted originally instead of trying to find "alternatives".
In short, get yourself a toj0 and let your girlfriends wear it. Make sure to get it back when your tryst is over; jawnz are foreverpost #31004 of 535996/1/13 at 3:11ampost #31005 of 535996/1/13 at 5:08amQuote:Originally Posted by misterswag
Spent a lot on guitars and clothes at that age too.
My taste in music changed significantly between then and now. I barely pull most of my guitars out of their cases. I mostly bought nicer mid priced "superstrats" and other metal/shred centric guitars (nothing will lame flames or skulls on it) . Now I mainly use a basic but nice American telecaster.
Mine did too, but I went the other way. I got an american strat, but I just put a JB jr. in the bridge and I play it all the time still. Also a really nice Taylor acoustic, but its still in the US since last time I was there, british airways wouldn't let me bring it back as a carry-on
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1401 Active Users (310 Members and 1091 Guests)
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 35 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Veja sneakers 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 9 minutes ago
- › Best suits under $1500? 11 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 12 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 15 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015