Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:04 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2058
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30857 of 481985/27/13 at 6:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by omgcookielol
I disagree. Wait times are an issue for the minority, but fit, qc, and experience are bigger issues for most people. I think that these jackets can sit so long because people realize that paying a little more and waiting a bit yields better results... The prices most people ask for their "almost new" custom jackets are hilarious most of the time, and I assume people usually settle for lowballs a month or two later. It's just a big gamble and you're usually giving these guys money to reorder anyways - imo not worth saving an extra $50 or whatever people think they can get away with nowadays.
I'm not saying B&S is the way to go, I'm just saying I can understand why TOJs hold such a high resale value.post #30858 of 481985/27/13 at 6:18pmpost #30859 of 481985/27/13 at 6:49pmpost #30860 of 481985/27/13 at 8:26pmpost #30861 of 481985/28/13 at 12:18ampost #30862 of 481985/28/13 at 1:09ampost #30863 of 481985/28/13 at 1:46ampost #30864 of 481985/28/13 at 4:12amThread StarterYou guys would get better resale for your TOJ stuff across the board if you took the time to photo and measure them well for your listings, and took away some of the risk for the buyers. We get random people asking for discontinued stuff all the time, and there aren't that many of each example floating around out there, we make them very limited on purpose. Even what is considered 'standard' like a black lamb MDR or Moto with silver zips or something would be pretty unique in whatever size you get, even if you're a common size there's less than a handful out there in even a similar size - so essentially it's like we've made a bunch of stuff total over the past 4 years, but per model/color/combo there'd be like 1-5 per size range, extant.post #30865 of 481985/28/13 at 4:22ampost #30866 of 481985/28/13 at 7:08amQuote:
No one is willing to buy it... desperate times call for desperate measures. Really itching for that varsity. I'm sure what'll end up happening is, I'll just order the TOJ0 and keep the MDR too. Having four black lamb TOJ isn't too much right?post #30867 of 481985/28/13 at 7:16am
New stuff must be good if the A-2 and CWU are getting left out in the cold.
Anyways, it seems like everyone thinks that (1) black zips are weak, silvers are superior (2) 4 zips > 2 zips and (3) 2-way zippers look bad/affected if you pull up the bottom zip.
So, that sort of means that my jacket is pretty much a tri-fecta of fail, but w/e, I like it anyways.
Fit from the weekend--same stuff basically--unzipped.
Black zips...on zips on zips
Edited by Dbear - 5/28/13 at 9:41ampost #30868 of 481985/28/13 at 7:24ampost #30869 of 481985/28/13 at 7:37am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Better Call Saul (AMC) 17 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 25 minutes ago
- › Unipair - Gentlemen's Shoe Boutique - Official Affiliate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 34 minutes ago
- › Where is luxury fashion coming from? 36 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 39 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...