On the other hand...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2038post #30556 of 536005/13/13 at 10:30am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30557 of 536005/13/13 at 10:46ampost #30558 of 536005/13/13 at 10:48ampost #30559 of 536005/13/13 at 11:06ampost #30560 of 536005/13/13 at 4:08pm
Finally got around to snapping some pictures of my Oxblood Calf 3-zip MDR...ordered on 12/31/12 and was received on 4/29/13.
Being my first ToJ, all I can say is wow. The calf, while being incredibly thick, is surprisingly soft and quite heavy; no doubt the best leather I've ever felt. The color was not exactly what I expected, but is a beautiful deep reddish oxblood color that kind of seems to change colors and look brown in some lights. The zippers are sturdy as hell and the silver really provides a great contrast from the leather. The jacket overall really does feel like a suit of armor.
The fit, which I was most worried about, is perfect for a slim fit, almost too slim for my tastes. However, the calf still needs to be broken in which I'm sure will address the tightness I'm experiencing in the shoulders. Besides that, the length, sleeve length, chest, midsection, and sleeve width are all perfect, and the jacket looks and feels incredible on.
Most accurate picture of color^^
Thinking about ordering a suiting wool MA-1 soon if I can acquire the funds. Also, just gauging interest, If anyone is interested in the above jacket I may be willing to depart with it, as it is slightly too tight on me currently. Feel free to message me.
Edited by CarterH - 5/13/13 at 4:24pmpost #30561 of 536005/13/13 at 4:14pmpost #30562 of 536005/13/13 at 4:16pmpost #30563 of 536005/13/13 at 4:22pmpost #30564 of 536005/13/13 at 4:22pmpost #30565 of 536005/13/13 at 4:26pmpost #30566 of 536005/13/13 at 8:00pmpost #30567 of 536005/13/13 at 8:05pmThread Starter
lol, true. I think it actually will slow down though, eventually. We had a slower order period for a couple months so the queue will kinda fast forward on it's own around now or soon. Later the bigger capacity production will also make things faster.post #30568 of 536005/13/13 at 8:15pmpost #30569 of 536005/13/13 at 8:21pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 30 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 33 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 33 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 36 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015