Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2029post #30421 of 496405/6/13 at 5:22amDrew brought up a good point that I forgot to mention in my post, which is that the calf suede is really heavy. It's pretty cool because it drapes like thick calf leather but has the soft nappy texture of suede. I've never handled the lamb suede used in other TOJ jackets, but this calf suede has a really unique look and is nothing at all like other sued jackets I've owned.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30422 of 496405/6/13 at 7:13am
The way TWorksheets is standing is pushing his hips forward, the camera position is very low and the wide lens is making his hip area look bigger than it should in relation to his shoulders and legs. I have little doubt that if we could see him from a more eye-level POV, with better posture, the fit of the jacket wouldn't be attracting nearly as much criticism.
Add to that the points made above about the natural profile of the jacket, the weight of the calf suede and the fact that it's brand new.post #30423 of 496405/6/13 at 8:44ampost #30424 of 496405/6/13 at 8:52ampost #30425 of 496405/6/13 at 9:03ampost #30426 of 496405/6/13 at 9:23ampost #30427 of 496405/6/13 at 11:54am
I bought them just a while ago when they had the extra 30% off sale and was actually trying them on deciding whether to keep or not. I think I will hold on to them.post #30428 of 496405/6/13 at 12:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Hype1234
I bought them just a while ago when they had the extra 30% off sale and was actually trying them on deciding whether to keep or not. I think I will hold on to them.
How'd you size on them? I bought some sweatshorts from CM a while ago and had to size down. With 32" waist at the time even S stretched out to be huge.post #30429 of 496405/6/13 at 12:18pmQuote:
I'm naturally a 30 waist, but I size down in some brand to 29 for the legs. These are an XS. Club Monaco pants are always huge. But this is all unrelated to TOJ...post #30430 of 496405/6/13 at 3:00pmpost #30431 of 496405/6/13 at 3:07pmpost #30432 of 496405/6/13 at 3:39pmpost #30433 of 496405/6/13 at 4:17pmpost #30434 of 496405/6/13 at 4:36pm
Thought I'd post a set of evo pics on my brown lamb CM.
Had it for a little over a year now I think. Living in Texas I was only able to wear it from like late October until early April or so, though we've had a couple of cold fronts recently that have put us back down in the 50s.
Without further ado:
Lots of good accordions in the arms. Not sure if you can see it in this photo but there is a good bit of rubbing around the pockets and on the banded hem on the sides. I'm not really able to tell if any of that is from my messenger bag (which rubs right on that part of my jacket), but I kinda like the wear. Might take more close up pictures of the wear spots later just so people get an idea of what it looks like on the brown leather, but it basically turns it into a kind of matte light brown color.
For some reason the collar has started to float up a little bit, which is odd (especially on my right side).
I also have worried a bit about the length. I sized it just to the bottom of my belt but might have gone too long. I've also probably gotten skinnier since I bought it, actually. Oh well.
I kinda like how the length makes it look in the back, though. It sits on my hips a bit.
Since the cuffs have been something people have talked about, this is mine unzipped.
And with the cuffs zipped. I've got a very slim watch on (one of the Seiko 5 SNK80x models) but it's quite snug.
Edit: Ugh, thought those pics would come out a lot bigger. Replaced with larger versions.
Edited by NotClever - 5/6/13 at 4:49pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 27 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 37 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Neckties for Sale 8 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 9 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan