Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 10:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2025post #30361 of 492045/4/13 at 5:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30362 of 492045/4/13 at 5:29pmpost #30363 of 492045/4/13 at 5:50pmpost #30364 of 492045/4/13 at 6:23pmpost #30365 of 492045/4/13 at 8:10pmThread Starterpost #30366 of 492045/4/13 at 11:28pmpost #30367 of 492045/5/13 at 6:08ampost #30368 of 492045/5/13 at 6:23ampost #30369 of 492045/5/13 at 6:28ampost #30370 of 492045/5/13 at 6:32amQuote:
Probably would've copped this instead of waiting for a TOJ if it was black.post #30371 of 492045/5/13 at 7:44am
lol, thanks for having so much faith in me. I'll try to get some more flattering photos one day.
The camera angle and my poor posture is really exaggerating the looseness at the hips. If it was any tighter at the waist it would ride up when zipped closed. That said, I was definitely after a looser fit and I sized accordingly. Some people aren't going to like it, but aside from the length there's nothing I would change about the jacket.post #30372 of 492045/5/13 at 9:26amI was gonna post a few tips to make your shots look better, but it ended up being too long so I decided not to post it. But here are two things that you can do that can immediately improve your shots.
- Make sure your white balance is on point. If you're shooting in daylight, make sure your white balance is set for daylight, and not to use the incandescent (that yellow glow from left) as fill. Incandescent white has a different temperature than daylight white, which will confuse your camera.
- If you're taking this with a tripod, try taking these pictures at various heights. Right now we're seeing you as a midget would, which isn't really representative. Play around with the height.
You can play around with ISO, shutter speed, aperture size, and exposure compensation to do different things with your pictures. If you shoot in RAW, you can correct WB and tint in Lightroom.post #30373 of 492045/5/13 at 10:01amOk I hate to be this guy, but I have a sizing question. I'm 5'6" around 155. Definitely have a stocky build with big shoulders and arms. I'm so confused with how to size for a MDR or Moto. Would I need a 50 with much shorter lengths? My biggest concern is that it'll be too tight in the upper arm area. I like my clothes fitted but I don't want to be busting out of anything. Thanks for any input dudes.post #30374 of 492045/5/13 at 10:17amQuote:Originally Posted by david raymond
Ok I hate to be this guy, but I have a sizing question. I'm 5'6" around 155. Definitely have a stocky build with big shoulders and arms. I'm so confused with how to size for a MDR or Moto. Would I need a 50 with much shorter lengths? My biggest concern is that it'll be too tight in the upper arm area. I like my clothes fitted but I don't want to be busting out of anything. Thanks for any input dudes.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1117 Active Users (216 Members and 901 Guests)
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 23 seconds ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Valet/Humidor combo? 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...