Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Yesterday
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 2025post #30361 of 481425/4/13 at 5:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30362 of 481425/4/13 at 5:29pmpost #30363 of 481425/4/13 at 5:50pmpost #30364 of 481425/4/13 at 6:23pmpost #30365 of 481425/4/13 at 8:10pmThread Starterpost #30366 of 481425/4/13 at 11:28pmpost #30367 of 481425/5/13 at 6:08ampost #30368 of 481425/5/13 at 6:23ampost #30369 of 481425/5/13 at 6:28ampost #30370 of 481425/5/13 at 6:32amQuote:
Probably would've copped this instead of waiting for a TOJ if it was black.post #30371 of 481425/5/13 at 7:44am
lol, thanks for having so much faith in me. I'll try to get some more flattering photos one day.
The camera angle and my poor posture is really exaggerating the looseness at the hips. If it was any tighter at the waist it would ride up when zipped closed. That said, I was definitely after a looser fit and I sized accordingly. Some people aren't going to like it, but aside from the length there's nothing I would change about the jacket.post #30372 of 481425/5/13 at 9:26amI was gonna post a few tips to make your shots look better, but it ended up being too long so I decided not to post it. But here are two things that you can do that can immediately improve your shots.
- Make sure your white balance is on point. If you're shooting in daylight, make sure your white balance is set for daylight, and not to use the incandescent (that yellow glow from left) as fill. Incandescent white has a different temperature than daylight white, which will confuse your camera.
- If you're taking this with a tripod, try taking these pictures at various heights. Right now we're seeing you as a midget would, which isn't really representative. Play around with the height.
You can play around with ISO, shutter speed, aperture size, and exposure compensation to do different things with your pictures. If you shoot in RAW, you can correct WB and tint in Lightroom.post #30373 of 481425/5/13 at 10:01amOk I hate to be this guy, but I have a sizing question. I'm 5'6" around 155. Definitely have a stocky build with big shoulders and arms. I'm so confused with how to size for a MDR or Moto. Would I need a 50 with much shorter lengths? My biggest concern is that it'll be too tight in the upper arm area. I like my clothes fitted but I don't want to be busting out of anything. Thanks for any input dudes.post #30374 of 481425/5/13 at 10:17amQuote:Originally Posted by david raymond
Ok I hate to be this guy, but I have a sizing question. I'm 5'6" around 155. Definitely have a stocky build with big shoulders and arms. I'm so confused with how to size for a MDR or Moto. Would I need a 50 with much shorter lengths? My biggest concern is that it'll be too tight in the upper arm area. I like my clothes fitted but I don't want to be busting out of anything. Thanks for any input dudes.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 976 Active Users (189 Members and 787 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › The burn guys you want tomake 11 minutes ago
- › how much do you accessorize? 12 minutes ago
- › William Lockie / Heather Wallace Windsor 4-ply Cashmere Shawl... 14 minutes ago
- › William Lockie / Heather Wallace Chirnside 4-ply Cashmere Cable... 15 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 18 minutes ago
- › J Crew Japanese Indigo Chambray Blazer Sportcoat Size Medium 18 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...