Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1954post #29296 of 480643/29/13 at 6:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29297 of 480643/29/13 at 7:30pmpost #29298 of 480643/29/13 at 8:11pmpost #29299 of 480643/29/13 at 9:26pmpost #29300 of 480643/29/13 at 11:38pmpost #29301 of 480643/29/13 at 11:51pmpost #29302 of 480643/30/13 at 7:01ampost #29303 of 480643/30/13 at 7:22amQuote:
My understanding is that, while YKK have lately made models that are just as nice if not nicer, RIRI ones have always been nice (and much less common)
Edited by kindofyoung - 3/30/13 at 8:34ampost #29304 of 480643/30/13 at 8:02amQuote:
Because novelty, mostly. YKK are like 95% of the global zipper market. I've never heard a really compelling reason for wanting riris.post #29305 of 480643/30/13 at 8:47ampost #29306 of 480643/30/13 at 8:54ampost #29307 of 480643/30/13 at 9:53ampost #29308 of 480643/30/13 at 10:13amThread Starterpost #29309 of 480643/30/13 at 10:15am
So after 3.5 months I was afraid of things not living up to expectations, but holy crap, it's perfect. Even my wife approves. The first thing she asked was "So, do they make other types of jackets too?" I'll take that as a green light to order more...
Pictures... It's brown, color might not show right. Yes, I'm wearing black pants and shoes. I'm a rebel.
I did modify the fur collar a bit...
Here are my specs / measurements / sizing / throwing in keywords to help searchers if anyone is interested, since this is the stuff I was searching for like crazy before ordering:
18.0" chest (pit-to-pit) 22.2" midsection 20.2" waist 19.2" body length, front 23.0" body length, back 25.3" sleeve length, from shoulder 27.0" sleeve width @ pit 7.5" sleeve width @ elbow 6.6" sleeve width @ cuff 6.0"
Body:Shoulders - 18"Chest - 40.75"Midsection - 32"Waist - 37.5"Front - 22.5"Sleeve - 24"Bicep - 14"Height - 5'11
Waist was probably wrong.
Edit: Just want to say I provided measurements for peace of mind on Charly's suggestions, not to bug him for alterations (unless you think my fit is off and want it to be radically different). I went with what he provided and couldn't be happier.
Edited by Vickt - 3/30/13 at 11:57ampost #29310 of 480643/30/13 at 10:23am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 40 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 41 seconds ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 44 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...