Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1954post #29296 of 496683/29/13 at 6:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29297 of 496683/29/13 at 7:30pmpost #29298 of 496683/29/13 at 8:11pmpost #29299 of 496683/29/13 at 9:26pmpost #29300 of 496683/29/13 at 11:38pmpost #29301 of 496683/29/13 at 11:51pmpost #29302 of 496683/30/13 at 7:01ampost #29303 of 496683/30/13 at 7:22amQuote:
My understanding is that, while YKK have lately made models that are just as nice if not nicer, RIRI ones have always been nice (and much less common)
Edited by kindofyoung - 3/30/13 at 8:34ampost #29304 of 496683/30/13 at 8:02amQuote:
Because novelty, mostly. YKK are like 95% of the global zipper market. I've never heard a really compelling reason for wanting riris.post #29305 of 496683/30/13 at 8:47ampost #29306 of 496683/30/13 at 8:54ampost #29307 of 496683/30/13 at 9:53ampost #29308 of 496683/30/13 at 10:13amThread Starterpost #29309 of 496683/30/13 at 10:15am
So after 3.5 months I was afraid of things not living up to expectations, but holy crap, it's perfect. Even my wife approves. The first thing she asked was "So, do they make other types of jackets too?" I'll take that as a green light to order more...
Pictures... It's brown, color might not show right. Yes, I'm wearing black pants and shoes. I'm a rebel.
I did modify the fur collar a bit...
Here are my specs / measurements / sizing / throwing in keywords to help searchers if anyone is interested, since this is the stuff I was searching for like crazy before ordering:
18.0" chest (pit-to-pit) 22.2" midsection 20.2" waist 19.2" body length, front 23.0" body length, back 25.3" sleeve length, from shoulder 27.0" sleeve width @ pit 7.5" sleeve width @ elbow 6.6" sleeve width @ cuff 6.0"
Body:Shoulders - 18"Chest - 40.75"Midsection - 32"Waist - 37.5"Front - 22.5"Sleeve - 24"Bicep - 14"Height - 5'11
Waist was probably wrong.
Edit: Just want to say I provided measurements for peace of mind on Charly's suggestions, not to bug him for alterations (unless you think my fit is off and want it to be radically different). I went with what he provided and couldn't be happier.
Edited by Vickt - 3/30/13 at 11:57ampost #29310 of 496683/30/13 at 10:23am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 21 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 26 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 43 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 44 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ALL LEATHER SAMPLE LASZLO VASS 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan