Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1954post #29296 of 492843/29/13 at 6:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29297 of 492843/29/13 at 7:30pmpost #29298 of 492843/29/13 at 8:11pmpost #29299 of 492843/29/13 at 9:26pmpost #29300 of 492843/29/13 at 11:38pmpost #29301 of 492843/29/13 at 11:51pmpost #29302 of 492843/30/13 at 7:01ampost #29303 of 492843/30/13 at 7:22amQuote:
My understanding is that, while YKK have lately made models that are just as nice if not nicer, RIRI ones have always been nice (and much less common)
Edited by kindofyoung - 3/30/13 at 8:34ampost #29304 of 492843/30/13 at 8:02amQuote:
Because novelty, mostly. YKK are like 95% of the global zipper market. I've never heard a really compelling reason for wanting riris.post #29305 of 492843/30/13 at 8:47ampost #29306 of 492843/30/13 at 8:54ampost #29307 of 492843/30/13 at 9:53ampost #29308 of 492843/30/13 at 10:13amThread Starterpost #29309 of 492843/30/13 at 10:15am
So after 3.5 months I was afraid of things not living up to expectations, but holy crap, it's perfect. Even my wife approves. The first thing she asked was "So, do they make other types of jackets too?" I'll take that as a green light to order more...
Pictures... It's brown, color might not show right. Yes, I'm wearing black pants and shoes. I'm a rebel.
I did modify the fur collar a bit...
Here are my specs / measurements / sizing / throwing in keywords to help searchers if anyone is interested, since this is the stuff I was searching for like crazy before ordering:
18.0" chest (pit-to-pit) 22.2" midsection 20.2" waist 19.2" body length, front 23.0" body length, back 25.3" sleeve length, from shoulder 27.0" sleeve width @ pit 7.5" sleeve width @ elbow 6.6" sleeve width @ cuff 6.0"
Body:Shoulders - 18"Chest - 40.75"Midsection - 32"Waist - 37.5"Front - 22.5"Sleeve - 24"Bicep - 14"Height - 5'11
Waist was probably wrong.
Edit: Just want to say I provided measurements for peace of mind on Charly's suggestions, not to bug him for alterations (unless you think my fit is off and want it to be radically different). I went with what he provided and couldn't be happier.
Edited by Vickt - 3/30/13 at 11:57ampost #29310 of 492843/30/13 at 10:23am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › German Army Trainers Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 18 minutes ago
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 18 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 22 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 27 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 28 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...