Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1950post #29236 of 527263/27/13 at 10:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29237 of 527263/27/13 at 11:29pmpost #29238 of 527263/27/13 at 11:45pmpost #29239 of 527263/27/13 at 11:55pmpost #29240 of 527263/28/13 at 12:40ampost #29241 of 527263/28/13 at 3:50amThread StarterWhile I often like to talk about minimizing your style and not overextending your closet unnecessarily, I don't believe in that one-stuff, and especially not when it pertains to casual wear or being an absolute answer to anything. It'll always fall short. I wear what I'll call two outfits, about 99% of the year. It's not enough, but I still feel I'm closer to the mark than dudes with 5 acre closets. You only have one pair of arms, legs, feet, and a torso. If you have too many clothes, after awhile you're just playing dressup in your closet like a little girl at daycare.
The green American-based styleforumite might develop as such:
i) 'I'm interested in clothes... in style... let's check out the supermarket magazine rack... ah let's see, we have GQ and Esquire'
ii) 'These clothes are pretty nice... but most are way too expensive for me and don't seem all that age appropriate anyway, they aren't addressing my needs'
iii) Google-> 'forum for men's style' --> first hit: styleforum.net
iv) special flower threads, flaming, lurking, personal studies
v) Find pants or shirts I like for biz-casual -> remember what people at school used to say, if you wear the same thing two days in a row, you're dirty and poor -> remember what your bros taught you, shopping is gay -> secretly buy 15 pairs of the same style pants or shirt online after confirming the fit. Buy 30 pairs of Aldens to match.
vi) Styleforum WAYWT thumbs ups, one thumb per $3,000 spent.
vII) Wondering what else there is in life, beside having really, really, ridiculously too many business casual pieces
Opposite approach: taking the quality maven angle, and debating zippers with others all daypost #29242 of 527263/28/13 at 4:40ampost #29243 of 527263/28/13 at 6:07ampost #29244 of 527263/28/13 at 6:34ampost #29245 of 527263/28/13 at 7:35ampost #29246 of 527263/28/13 at 9:02amQuote:
Pretty much realized that WAYWT is pretty much an approval circle jerk so stopped visiting that thread. Learned about some jeans & kicks in SW&D, what to wear at work over at menswear, and stopped going to those forums altogether. This is the only one I check on a daily basis.post #29247 of 527263/28/13 at 9:37ampost #29248 of 527263/28/13 at 9:43ampost #29249 of 527263/28/13 at 10:44am
So...Drew, any hints about the peacoats? Need some popped collar in my life.
There are really no good alternatives out there right now.
Buzz Rickson is nice, but the thing is designed to withstand a snowstorm.
The peacoat thread on SF is of no help--apparently they merged 61 threads into one and still nothing good, unless you're all about jcrew or some vintage peacoat from the 1930s.
Oh, and there is the Billy Kirk one that is fueled mainly by the Skyfall hype...I mean, it's completely unlined...whyyy?
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 seconds ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 7 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 9 minutes ago
- › 15% OFF ALL CURRENT FILSON ITEMS! 10 minutes ago
- › Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition****** 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...