Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1950post #29236 of 493683/27/13 at 10:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29237 of 493683/27/13 at 11:29pmpost #29238 of 493683/27/13 at 11:45pmpost #29239 of 493683/27/13 at 11:55pmpost #29240 of 493683/28/13 at 12:40ampost #29241 of 493683/28/13 at 3:50amThread StarterWhile I often like to talk about minimizing your style and not overextending your closet unnecessarily, I don't believe in that one-stuff, and especially not when it pertains to casual wear or being an absolute answer to anything. It'll always fall short. I wear what I'll call two outfits, about 99% of the year. It's not enough, but I still feel I'm closer to the mark than dudes with 5 acre closets. You only have one pair of arms, legs, feet, and a torso. If you have too many clothes, after awhile you're just playing dressup in your closet like a little girl at daycare.
The green American-based styleforumite might develop as such:
i) 'I'm interested in clothes... in style... let's check out the supermarket magazine rack... ah let's see, we have GQ and Esquire'
ii) 'These clothes are pretty nice... but most are way too expensive for me and don't seem all that age appropriate anyway, they aren't addressing my needs'
iii) Google-> 'forum for men's style' --> first hit: styleforum.net
iv) special flower threads, flaming, lurking, personal studies
v) Find pants or shirts I like for biz-casual -> remember what people at school used to say, if you wear the same thing two days in a row, you're dirty and poor -> remember what your bros taught you, shopping is gay -> secretly buy 15 pairs of the same style pants or shirt online after confirming the fit. Buy 30 pairs of Aldens to match.
vi) Styleforum WAYWT thumbs ups, one thumb per $3,000 spent.
vII) Wondering what else there is in life, beside having really, really, ridiculously too many business casual pieces
Opposite approach: taking the quality maven angle, and debating zippers with others all daypost #29242 of 493683/28/13 at 4:40ampost #29243 of 493683/28/13 at 6:07ampost #29244 of 493683/28/13 at 6:34ampost #29245 of 493683/28/13 at 7:35ampost #29246 of 493683/28/13 at 9:02amQuote:
Pretty much realized that WAYWT is pretty much an approval circle jerk so stopped visiting that thread. Learned about some jeans & kicks in SW&D, what to wear at work over at menswear, and stopped going to those forums altogether. This is the only one I check on a daily basis.post #29247 of 493683/28/13 at 9:37ampost #29248 of 493683/28/13 at 9:43ampost #29249 of 493683/28/13 at 10:44am
So...Drew, any hints about the peacoats? Need some popped collar in my life.
There are really no good alternatives out there right now.
Buzz Rickson is nice, but the thing is designed to withstand a snowstorm.
The peacoat thread on SF is of no help--apparently they merged 61 threads into one and still nothing good, unless you're all about jcrew or some vintage peacoat from the 1930s.
Oh, and there is the Billy Kirk one that is fueled mainly by the Skyfall hype...I mean, it's completely unlined...whyyy?
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 43 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 3 minutes ago
- › FS ENGINEERED GARMENTS CRUISER JACKET (BNWT) 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 minutes ago
- › Tan/taupe suit to Friday Opera in late afternoon/early evening 6 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...