Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 10:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1947post #29191 of 492063/27/13 at 3:05amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29192 of 492063/27/13 at 3:16ampost #29193 of 492063/27/13 at 4:51amQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
There's a nice balance to that too, though - imagine going out and having your fulfilling experiences, while wearing the awesome leather jacket.... The possibilities may perhaps become exponential... I cannot fathom the amount of swagger I would've had if my style had been pulled together at that age. It just wasn't possible where I lived, and there was no internet fora or real discussion going on at the time for age-appropriate clothing. I suffered for awhile, I think. The potential was there all along, but there were just too many voices and not enough examples, nothing that really spoke out to me.
For sure there's always that. I mean, where I'm coming from, I didn't have a clue what I wanted to do or be when I was 18, so dropping £500 on a leather jacket wouldn't have made any sense at all. I'm 24 now and I know my style has drastically changed in those 6 years, and I know a lot of things I liked then I no longer like.
18 just seems a bit too early for me to be making purchases like that when they could be going on partying and various experiences. But whatever, that's just me, other guy's situations and expectations are different and this thread isn't the place to be talking about all the bullshit that accompanies life.post #29194 of 492063/27/13 at 5:21ampost #29195 of 492063/27/13 at 5:22ampost #29196 of 492063/27/13 at 5:32ampost #29197 of 492063/27/13 at 6:12ampost #29198 of 492063/27/13 at 6:34ampost #29199 of 492063/27/13 at 6:48am
Quote:Originally Posted by zayg
Bought an A-2 off B&S. Man, I don't know how this fits me so tight when I have a denim jacket with slimmer measurements that fits me fine. Hmmph. Luckily I have someone lined up to purchase this already.
What an incredible jacket though. Seriously impressed. The only problem with buying these on B&S is that the sizes seem to be pretty inconsistent. I see people posting 48s with 19" p2p and then I see 48s with 22" p2p. This supposedly had 20.5" p2p. The shoulders are definitely too small too. Maybe I'll find something...as much as it is completely different, that blue QDR is pretty damned tempting.
Hmmph. Nobody saw this because it had to be approved for moderation.
If I purchase another, anyone think I should go up to a 48 or maybe even a 50?post #29200 of 492063/27/13 at 9:02ampost #29201 of 492063/27/13 at 9:13ampost #29202 of 492063/27/13 at 9:16ampost #29203 of 492063/27/13 at 9:19ampost #29204 of 492063/27/13 at 9:25amQuote:
Sadly don't have the money for a new one these days. Maybe next year.
You guys think the shoulders look alright though? I just thought it was really odd how much the part near my armpits (next to the suede patch for example) just kinda got pulled in. I was thinking that may be part of the shoulders being too small, but if the chest is a little small and the arms are way too small then I guess that could create the same effect.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › "Last night at the Met" - dressing for the opera 5 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...