Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1912
Styleforum Top Picks
Haha. Yeah, I remember what I thought "good" leather felt like a few months ago. Now I have been born anew in the glorious world of TOJ leather.
Edit: Also -- my mom had purchased some lamb leather purse while traveling somewhere. She compared it to my lamb leather jacket, and then she was disappointed.
I have another Lambskin jacket and it's hard to believe they came from the same type of animal.
This girl asked me after feeling my jacket (as girls will do) if the leather was real. I was a little annoyed at the question at first until I realized she had probably never felt high quality lamb before.
Navy lamb quilted double rider
Picture doesn't accurately show the color, but i felt like i needed to get a pic up. This is a bit thinner than my black lamb 2010 dr, but it still just feels and looks great. Nothing will ever tol the black 2010 dr for me, but this is very close.
And my resized baseball jacket.
Felt like my old one was a bit tight from the get go, but sf confirmed it so i reordered. Like this fit a lot more.
Sized up on the toj tote in the background. Good choice.
Just some more pics and info about A2 -- got it last week, wore it everyday, still over it. Bear with me as I do a review for those that wonder about the details.
+ Don't know why it took so long for me to get a bomber--went through 4 riders/motos (sold 3).
+ The main difference is the fit. This is basically identical to my moto (but added length to both body and sleeves, as directed), but the fit is pretty different.
+ This is mainly due to the ribbing. The ribbing tightens everything up (in a good way). It sort of pulls the bottom away creating a / \ effect, and it makes it so it doesn't feel like the leather is hanging on you. Also, since there is less leather at the ends of the sleeve and the bottom of the jacket, it's just lighter in general. Feels good man. This might be common info, but I didn't realize any of this until I actually got the jacket.
+ Shearling collar is removable (of course). It's connected by 3 snaps and 5 bands on the underside and inside of the collar.
+ Suede patch is perfect--it breaks up the wall of leather--must have. So is the placket--highly recommended.
+ Sleeves are slim and armholes are high (as intended).
+ As always, leather is supremely soft and thick. It definitely has a "wow" factor. You can tell by the thick rolls in the stacking (pic below) that the leather is substantial.
Anyways, you would think that having 1 black and 1 brown leather is enough, but it never is...never is...
So what size baseball is this one/what are your measurements?
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › sleeve length and freedom of movement 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › So long, A Suitable Wardrobe... 7 minutes ago
- › P Johnson MTM 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...