^^Pfft, ain't even got gussets.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1877
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28142 of 526993/1/13 at 10:42am
As for those pictures about the V taper, I don't really think it's a length issue. TOJ natural cut is slim with high arm holes. I wouldn't mess too much with trying to adjust the measurements to create a V taper, as it might end up looking like ) (.
As for the moto, I actually think it looks better non-cropped. As for fits that look a little sloppy/big, it could be due to the armholes. The best adjustment I made to my 1st TOJ was making the armhole 0.5" smaller. That really tighten the fit everywhere (for me at least).post #28143 of 526993/1/13 at 10:46ampost #28144 of 526993/1/13 at 11:39ampost #28145 of 526993/1/13 at 11:51am
Yeah, I'm unclear what this non-cropped means?
Since we are all talking about jeans here, maybe we should specify the type of rise and how you wear your jeans??
For instance, I'm EVOing some 501 STF right now....which sit relatively high.
I'm already a tall dude. And if I had a jacket that exposed my belt on my 501s that would look ridiculous IMO.
EDIT: Of course, maybe if it just barely covered the belt line that would look good. I'm looking at some pictures of my favorite fits..and you guys are right, it seems to barely cover where the belt would be.post #28146 of 526993/1/13 at 11:57am
You know cropped when you see it.Warning: Cropped. crop crop (Click to show)
But seriously, I know people have different opinions on this, and there really anywhere you can say "this is cropped" because people wear their jeans different and mid rise is different from low rise. But when you put a jacket on, you know if it's short or not. I don't mean non-cropped as super long either...post #28147 of 526993/1/13 at 12:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dbear
You know cropped when you see it. Warning: Cropped. crop crop (Click to show)But seriously, I know people have different opinions on this, and there really anywhere you can say "this is cropped" because people wear their jeans different and mid rise is different from low rise. But when you put a jacket on, you know if it's short or not. I don't mean non-cropped as super long either...
Surely you must have had something more specific in mind when you responded to my post saying you preferred the non-cropped look (i.e. implipying the longer fits in examples)?post #28148 of 526993/1/13 at 12:17pm
i wasn't responding to you, it was to that other guy that asked a question about why one jacket looked more V than the other, and mentioned length.
my cropped comment comes from personal experience having one TOJ where i cut off an inch and another one where I left it. Prefer the non-cropped one. no biggie.
now actually looking at your post, i think most of those fits are fine in the length...they all sort of vary anyways.post #28149 of 526993/1/13 at 12:48pmpost #28150 of 526993/1/13 at 1:05pmpost #28151 of 526993/1/13 at 1:06pmpost #28152 of 526993/1/13 at 1:10pmpost #28153 of 526993/1/13 at 1:11pm
I'm one of the examples given for a too-long moto, and I was worried about the length when I first received the jacket. But, I really like the length now and I wouldn't want my jacket shorter. 1) I can put my hands in the pockets if it's cold. 2) I'm 6'5" with disproportionately long legs, so the longer jacket balances out my torso a little. 3) I don't care that I can't zip it up while I'm sitting down, because I wouldn't do that anyway. It's a calf jacket and it would be too stiff even if it was shorter.
Edited by Ketawa - 3/1/13 at 4:17pmpost #28154 of 526993/1/13 at 1:14pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 25 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 27 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 29 minutes ago
- › How dens Kitc he ns For Sa le Nancegollan 31 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 33 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 36 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...