Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1854
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27797 of 491882/22/13 at 8:40amThread Starterpost #27798 of 491882/22/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by afixedpoint
A 51 would probably work, but no odd sizes anymore. I'm 41.5-42 ish, and the 50 looked comically small haha.
Frankly, a stock 48 with a 51 chest/shoulders would be perfect, but no tweaks allowed
I've seen fits of the 52 on guys who are not as skinny as me, and they looked blousy. My waist/hips is not even that small by SF standards (30), but i have a very small midsection
That's the 50 on you, right? I'm 6'0, 185 lbs, 40 chest, 34 waist, and I ordered a 52 in the TOJ1.
With your chest measurements, 52 should do you OK? Although I don't think the 50 looks awful on you, just a bit snug in the torso, but it probably looks dope unbuttoned.post #27799 of 491882/22/13 at 9:01ampost #27800 of 491882/22/13 at 9:08ampost #27801 of 491882/22/13 at 9:32ampost #27802 of 491882/22/13 at 10:17ampost #27803 of 491882/22/13 at 10:28ampost #27804 of 491882/22/13 at 5:34pmMy fellow TOJ aficionados, I am trying to decide between brown lamb or goat (glazed or unglazed) for an A2 Bomber. Any thoughts/advice re: leather choice?
I did some research and Drew has previously mentioned that "lamb is soft, almost oily sometimes, with a 'cool' hand feel that is meaty - and then goat has a very cold (probably one of the coldest of them all) handfeel due to the pebble grain and it feels more lacquered and slick. Also, a bit tougher feeling, but when made up, it's still a soft jacket." Found this very helpful but both sound awesome, so didn't help the decision-making process.
Would welcome advice or rationale regarding choosing between lamb and goat for my bomber. Thanks in advance.post #27805 of 491882/22/13 at 5:58pmThread Starterpost #27806 of 491882/22/13 at 6:11pmpost #27807 of 491882/22/13 at 6:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by CHRK33Quote:
Drew, if you only had one leather jacket and it was going to be the A-2 bomber, would you go with brown goat or lamb?
i think he said brown sheep.post #27808 of 491882/22/13 at 7:04pmThread StarterLately it doesn't really matter to me, the materials are all pretty good. If I could choose only one, I'd get a black DR variant in lamb. If I had to get a Bomber, the answer would've been brown lamb, but we now have a bunch of colored unglazed goat (colors aren't corrected here yet) - there's a medium-dark grey goat that is fantastic and would work across the board on basically every model, likewise a medium olive unglazed goat that would also be great.post #27809 of 491882/22/13 at 7:10pmThread Starterand in other news: TOJ0 reboot coming out very soon. I decided against making it silk, because it was thin, amongst other reasons - and went for cleaning up the classic formula, and improved the materials as much as I could - 100% Japanese fine coat wool in the body, NZ lambskin (of course) sleeves, wool blend ribbing, and then Bemberg lining. Materials-wise, it's now all of the best that we have, which is kinda fitting since it's the original model and deserves to get brought back to the front. So we'll put that up soon.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1629 Active Users (425 Members and 1204 Guests)
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 second ago
- › Boots recommdations please!!! 21 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 31 seconds ago
- › BNWT Arc'tyrex Veilance Blazer LT - Sepia - Medium (46-48) 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Bontoni Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...