Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1854
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27797 of 530952/22/13 at 8:40amThread Starterpost #27798 of 530952/22/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by afixedpoint
A 51 would probably work, but no odd sizes anymore. I'm 41.5-42 ish, and the 50 looked comically small haha.
Frankly, a stock 48 with a 51 chest/shoulders would be perfect, but no tweaks allowed
I've seen fits of the 52 on guys who are not as skinny as me, and they looked blousy. My waist/hips is not even that small by SF standards (30), but i have a very small midsection
That's the 50 on you, right? I'm 6'0, 185 lbs, 40 chest, 34 waist, and I ordered a 52 in the TOJ1.
With your chest measurements, 52 should do you OK? Although I don't think the 50 looks awful on you, just a bit snug in the torso, but it probably looks dope unbuttoned.post #27799 of 530952/22/13 at 9:01ampost #27800 of 530952/22/13 at 9:08ampost #27801 of 530952/22/13 at 9:32ampost #27802 of 530952/22/13 at 10:17ampost #27803 of 530952/22/13 at 10:28ampost #27804 of 530952/22/13 at 5:34pmMy fellow TOJ aficionados, I am trying to decide between brown lamb or goat (glazed or unglazed) for an A2 Bomber. Any thoughts/advice re: leather choice?
I did some research and Drew has previously mentioned that "lamb is soft, almost oily sometimes, with a 'cool' hand feel that is meaty - and then goat has a very cold (probably one of the coldest of them all) handfeel due to the pebble grain and it feels more lacquered and slick. Also, a bit tougher feeling, but when made up, it's still a soft jacket." Found this very helpful but both sound awesome, so didn't help the decision-making process.
Would welcome advice or rationale regarding choosing between lamb and goat for my bomber. Thanks in advance.post #27805 of 530952/22/13 at 5:58pmThread Starterpost #27806 of 530952/22/13 at 6:11pmpost #27807 of 530952/22/13 at 6:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by CHRK33Quote:
Drew, if you only had one leather jacket and it was going to be the A-2 bomber, would you go with brown goat or lamb?
i think he said brown sheep.post #27808 of 530952/22/13 at 7:04pmThread StarterLately it doesn't really matter to me, the materials are all pretty good. If I could choose only one, I'd get a black DR variant in lamb. If I had to get a Bomber, the answer would've been brown lamb, but we now have a bunch of colored unglazed goat (colors aren't corrected here yet) - there's a medium-dark grey goat that is fantastic and would work across the board on basically every model, likewise a medium olive unglazed goat that would also be great.post #27809 of 530952/22/13 at 7:10pmThread Starterand in other news: TOJ0 reboot coming out very soon. I decided against making it silk, because it was thin, amongst other reasons - and went for cleaning up the classic formula, and improved the materials as much as I could - 100% Japanese fine coat wool in the body, NZ lambskin (of course) sleeves, wool blend ribbing, and then Bemberg lining. Materials-wise, it's now all of the best that we have, which is kinda fitting since it's the original model and deserves to get brought back to the front. So we'll put that up soon.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 905 Active Users (133 Members and 772 Guests)
- › Australian Members 28 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 17 minutes ago
- › Suit fit check 39 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 39 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 48 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 58 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...