Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1854
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27797 of 527492/22/13 at 8:40amThread Starterpost #27798 of 527492/22/13 at 8:55amQuote:Originally Posted by afixedpoint
A 51 would probably work, but no odd sizes anymore. I'm 41.5-42 ish, and the 50 looked comically small haha.
Frankly, a stock 48 with a 51 chest/shoulders would be perfect, but no tweaks allowed
I've seen fits of the 52 on guys who are not as skinny as me, and they looked blousy. My waist/hips is not even that small by SF standards (30), but i have a very small midsection
That's the 50 on you, right? I'm 6'0, 185 lbs, 40 chest, 34 waist, and I ordered a 52 in the TOJ1.
With your chest measurements, 52 should do you OK? Although I don't think the 50 looks awful on you, just a bit snug in the torso, but it probably looks dope unbuttoned.post #27799 of 527492/22/13 at 9:01ampost #27800 of 527492/22/13 at 9:08ampost #27801 of 527492/22/13 at 9:32ampost #27802 of 527492/22/13 at 10:17ampost #27803 of 527492/22/13 at 10:28ampost #27804 of 527492/22/13 at 5:34pmMy fellow TOJ aficionados, I am trying to decide between brown lamb or goat (glazed or unglazed) for an A2 Bomber. Any thoughts/advice re: leather choice?
I did some research and Drew has previously mentioned that "lamb is soft, almost oily sometimes, with a 'cool' hand feel that is meaty - and then goat has a very cold (probably one of the coldest of them all) handfeel due to the pebble grain and it feels more lacquered and slick. Also, a bit tougher feeling, but when made up, it's still a soft jacket." Found this very helpful but both sound awesome, so didn't help the decision-making process.
Would welcome advice or rationale regarding choosing between lamb and goat for my bomber. Thanks in advance.post #27805 of 527492/22/13 at 5:58pmThread Starterpost #27806 of 527492/22/13 at 6:11pmpost #27807 of 527492/22/13 at 6:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by CHRK33Quote:
Drew, if you only had one leather jacket and it was going to be the A-2 bomber, would you go with brown goat or lamb?
i think he said brown sheep.post #27808 of 527492/22/13 at 7:04pmThread StarterLately it doesn't really matter to me, the materials are all pretty good. If I could choose only one, I'd get a black DR variant in lamb. If I had to get a Bomber, the answer would've been brown lamb, but we now have a bunch of colored unglazed goat (colors aren't corrected here yet) - there's a medium-dark grey goat that is fantastic and would work across the board on basically every model, likewise a medium olive unglazed goat that would also be great.post #27809 of 527492/22/13 at 7:10pmThread Starterand in other news: TOJ0 reboot coming out very soon. I decided against making it silk, because it was thin, amongst other reasons - and went for cleaning up the classic formula, and improved the materials as much as I could - 100% Japanese fine coat wool in the body, NZ lambskin (of course) sleeves, wool blend ribbing, and then Bemberg lining. Materials-wise, it's now all of the best that we have, which is kinda fitting since it's the original model and deserves to get brought back to the front. So we'll put that up soon.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 967 Active Users (163 Members and 804 Guests)
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 seconds ago
- › B.Nelson does a great job 1 minute ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 6 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...