Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1847post #27691 of 530812/20/13 at 10:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27692 of 530812/20/13 at 10:28amQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Some new material news: lots of new goat colors. The new ones are unglazed, so less sheen than the goat we've previously used. Will put those and the few newer post-color chart colors I missed onto a new updated color chart. New goat is very nice, same pebbled texture, normal sheen, colors from olive to yellow (which is pretty pleasant, for being yellow leather) - and then apart from that:
This new goat you speak of, is there a dark (or darkish) brown? If so, would you recommend it over the "old" goat, for say, a 4-zip MDR?post #27693 of 530812/20/13 at 10:52amQuote:
Sign me up for this minimalist TOJ0, especially after the disastrous fit with the Patrik Ervell varsity. What do you have in mind for the new-gen baseball?post #27694 of 530812/20/13 at 11:17ampost #27695 of 530812/20/13 at 11:27ampost #27696 of 530812/20/13 at 11:29am
I'd felt the black lamb before and knew how much thicker it was, but wow this thing feels so much heavier than my cream 4-zip.
Re: cuff opening, these do seem bigger than before, though not sure if it's partly because these aren't convertible cuffs. Not really gonna lose sleep over it though.
Edited by magicalporks - 2/20/13 at 11:40ampost #27697 of 530812/20/13 at 12:35pm^^ looks really good, my cuffs seemed bigger on my quilted moto but I think it was really just because of the padding that's needed for the quilting on the arms but I ended up getting tailored a little at a place in SF
Any pictures of the gold zippers? I think they could look either really good on blackpost #27698 of 530812/20/13 at 1:04pmpost #27699 of 530812/20/13 at 1:29pm
Ok TOJ disciples. I've been planning on selling this jacket that I fell in love with because it felt too long and I'm not sure about the shoulders. But I wanted to get feedback before I did something I regret forever!
Jacket is a bit tight around the midsection, but I plan on losing a couple dozen pounds this year. The waist kind of hits my hips and I'm not sure I can pull it off. It's hugging my hips and the top arc of my ass. It's actually a little too tight to be worn comfortably closed without pulling the lower zipper up a bit. (It flares out a little as you can see. I am kind of hoping weight loss will help this...)
Lastly, the arms are a bit tight. They feel snug with just a regular t-shirt on. A longsleeve makes them feel tight and a sweater would make it uncomfortable.post #27700 of 530812/20/13 at 1:40pmpost #27701 of 530812/20/13 at 1:48pm
So..after wearing in my bomber a bit and re-introducing carbs to my diet I've come to realize that the armholes are insanely high and borderline uncomfortable. The jacket is super tight on my upper back (near my pits) and may be too small in the shoulders for me as well. For future reference, does a larger upper arm measurement lower the armholes/make the jacket fit more relaxed? I feel like I'm wearing a girls jacket sometimes right now lol, maybe its the furpost #27702 of 530812/20/13 at 1:49pmpost #27703 of 530812/20/13 at 1:54pmpost #27704 of 530812/20/13 at 1:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by NotCrispy
So..after wearing in my bomber a bit and re-introducing carbs to my diet I've come to realize that the armholes are insanely high and borderline uncomfortable. The jacket is super tight on my upper back (near my pits) and may be too small in the shoulders for me as well. For future reference, does a larger upper arm measurement lower the armholes/make the jacket fit more relaxed?
i dunno , judging from your pics a few pages back, it doesn't look tight at all--big if anything. are you layering?
that said, sell to me
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 2 minutes ago
- › Help: Identifying size tag on Maison Marting Margiela trenchcoat:... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 7 minutes ago
- › HBO Series, Ballers 9 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 9 minutes ago
- › BNWOT Devoa White Cotton L/S Tee Sz 1 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...