Second person with the same issue. Might as well look for a tailor.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Today
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1846post #27676 of 481422/19/13 at 11:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27677 of 481422/19/13 at 11:43pmpost #27678 of 481422/19/13 at 11:47pmpost #27679 of 481422/19/13 at 11:52pmQuote:Exactly. I know that the jacket I posted had been around for at least a year or two by the time the photo was taken, and it had been through some pretty good (but reasonable) beatings.
Leather is tough. The differences that you get from random accidents are usually very subtle when contrasted with high-wear and abrasion prone areas. Random abrasions aren't very noticeable on camera nor in person. You can feel this subtle suede effect, and with black, the spot becomes a matted black - just like suede. Regular abrasion slowly turns the area into a fuzzy textured blue or green, which will turn white when the wear gets pretty severe (think mold in terms of texture and color).
If the body of the jacket fits tight and you don't stuff the pockets with legos, then you probably aren't going to get any noticeable wrinkles - the jacket just drapes. Bombers are a different story, because there's room to wrinkle.post #27680 of 481422/19/13 at 11:57pmQuote:
Wow, wouldn't have guessed that kind of age. It looks great.
I read through a lot of this topic and went over a lot of calf vs lamb debates, where people thought lamb would fall apart or start scuffing into an indigo color.post #27681 of 481422/20/13 at 12:35am
Few quick fit pics with a turtleneck underneath the dark brown goatskin MDR. I wanted it to have some room so that I'll be able to layer and also to have a little room for muscle growth so it is intentional that it's not skin tight. Big thanks to Charly for helping out with the sizing! Same problem here with the sleeve opening but they are okay with a thick knit so at least for now it's not that big issue for me. (Cuff opening 5,5" in this one)
Edited by Joona - 2/20/13 at 12:37pmpost #27682 of 481422/20/13 at 12:44ampost #27683 of 481422/20/13 at 1:22ampost #27684 of 481422/20/13 at 1:40ampost #27685 of 481422/20/13 at 1:48ampost #27686 of 481422/20/13 at 1:48ampost #27687 of 481422/20/13 at 9:43ampost #27688 of 481422/20/13 at 9:51amThread Starterjesus. That's more SWF than Missed Connections.... and I've had a some of both in the past few weeks, TOJ-related, lol.
Some new material news: lots of new goat colors. The new ones are unglazed, so less sheen than the goat we've previously used. Will put those and the few newer post-color chart colors I missed onto a new updated color chart. New goat is very nice, same pebbled texture, normal sheen, colors from olive to yellow (which is pretty pleasant, for being yellow leather) - and then apart from that:
- We have gold zippers now. Only for black leathers, but in both men's and women's sizes.
- As you saw in some sneak peeks, we started putting together samples for a bunch of wool coats, but I've taken a pause on those, releasing later, and want to make some things in a pure 100% silk waffle knit I've found. A TOJ0 reboot in minimalist form is part of those plans, as is a new-gen baseball jacket, amongst others. Don't ask if it's waterproof, it's not. It's hater-proof, though.post #27689 of 481422/20/13 at 9:56am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 1 second ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 39 seconds ago
- › Epaulet x Southwick 40-42R Unstructured, Half Canvas, Caramel... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › NIB $595 Afred Sargent (Stewart's Choice) Oxford Shoes - US 10.5D 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...