If I land a nice, paid summer intern, will grab a bcdr and suede t1/t3. Want the ma-1 too but I feel like there's too much overlap with my black toj1.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1838post #27556 of 528112/16/13 at 6:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27557 of 528112/16/13 at 7:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Distorbiant
Can anyone help me with a fit on the TOJ0 varsity? How does it compare to something like the DR? The TOJ1?
I've been advised by another SF user to size up to 52, but the fit guide on http://archeo.graphr.net/web/2009/toj/0/ says a 52 has 29 inch sleeves. That just seems incredibly long and kind of blows my mind. If I have a 41 inch chest, would a 52 in the TOJ0 (or other varsities) really be a better fit than the 50?
I know the "TOJ Multiplier" says my chest measurements for their jackets in inches are about 43, 44, and 45 inch for tight to loose.Just trying to figure out if I should go for a 50 or 52 here. I have 18-19ish inch shoulders, a 41 inch chest, and usually go with 26-27 inch sleeves.
Let me know how whatever purchase you make works out. I have basically the exact same measurements as you, and I am also looking to score eventually a TOJ0 varsity.post #27558 of 528112/16/13 at 9:10pmQuote:
I decided against the purchase for now. The TOJ0 is on ebay in all black, size 52. I really wanted the Raglan sleeves though.post #27559 of 528112/16/13 at 10:38pmpost #27560 of 528112/16/13 at 11:14pmpost #27561 of 528112/17/13 at 2:17ampost #27562 of 528112/17/13 at 2:51am
How stupid will I look if I wear a DR that sits about 2-3 inches below my belt? This thing basically rests just past my hips. I know most pictures of these jackets have them ending right on the belt. Should I flip this thing or is this kind of fit worth living with? My OCD tendencies are seriously bleeding out right now.
edit: The arms are kind of snug with a longsleeve shirt on too. No way i'd ever layer with this...
(I got this jacket second hand from a taller person)
Edited by Distorbiant - 2/17/13 at 3:03ampost #27563 of 528112/17/13 at 3:09ampost #27564 of 528112/17/13 at 5:08ampost #27565 of 528112/17/13 at 6:49ampost #27566 of 528112/17/13 at 8:11ampost #27567 of 528112/17/13 at 10:35ampost #27568 of 528112/17/13 at 10:37amQuote:
Could you post a picture? My DR fits right at the hip, which I prefer. I've seen some DR fit too cropped but not many that fit too long, could you show us what it looks like?post #27569 of 528112/17/13 at 10:43ampost #27570 of 528112/17/13 at 11:05am
I have to go to work but I'll come back with a fit pic soon. It looks okay open but the fact that it's just over my hips/ass makes it kind of hard to close in general. I can only wear it closed when I zip up the bottom zipper a little. This has to be a sign to lay off the waffle chicken sandwiches
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 58 seconds ago
- › LEMAIRE 1 minute ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Raf Simons Astronaut Sneakers 42 - Mixed Black 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider Wick Coat (6) - Navy 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 6 minutes ago
- › NWT LEVIS MADE AND CRAFTED LEATHER BIKER JACKET CAFER RACE MADE IN... 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...