If I land a nice, paid summer intern, will grab a bcdr and suede t1/t3. Want the ma-1 too but I feel like there's too much overlap with my black toj1.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:01 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: Today
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1838post #27556 of 481422/16/13 at 6:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27557 of 481422/16/13 at 7:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Distorbiant
Can anyone help me with a fit on the TOJ0 varsity? How does it compare to something like the DR? The TOJ1?
I've been advised by another SF user to size up to 52, but the fit guide on http://archeo.graphr.net/web/2009/toj/0/ says a 52 has 29 inch sleeves. That just seems incredibly long and kind of blows my mind. If I have a 41 inch chest, would a 52 in the TOJ0 (or other varsities) really be a better fit than the 50?
I know the "TOJ Multiplier" says my chest measurements for their jackets in inches are about 43, 44, and 45 inch for tight to loose.Just trying to figure out if I should go for a 50 or 52 here. I have 18-19ish inch shoulders, a 41 inch chest, and usually go with 26-27 inch sleeves.
Let me know how whatever purchase you make works out. I have basically the exact same measurements as you, and I am also looking to score eventually a TOJ0 varsity.post #27558 of 481422/16/13 at 9:10pmQuote:
I decided against the purchase for now. The TOJ0 is on ebay in all black, size 52. I really wanted the Raglan sleeves though.post #27559 of 481422/16/13 at 10:38pmpost #27560 of 481422/16/13 at 11:14pmpost #27561 of 481422/17/13 at 2:17ampost #27562 of 481422/17/13 at 2:51am
How stupid will I look if I wear a DR that sits about 2-3 inches below my belt? This thing basically rests just past my hips. I know most pictures of these jackets have them ending right on the belt. Should I flip this thing or is this kind of fit worth living with? My OCD tendencies are seriously bleeding out right now.
edit: The arms are kind of snug with a longsleeve shirt on too. No way i'd ever layer with this...
(I got this jacket second hand from a taller person)
Edited by Distorbiant - 2/17/13 at 3:03ampost #27563 of 481422/17/13 at 3:09ampost #27564 of 481422/17/13 at 5:08ampost #27565 of 481422/17/13 at 6:49ampost #27566 of 481422/17/13 at 8:11ampost #27567 of 481422/17/13 at 10:35ampost #27568 of 481422/17/13 at 10:37amQuote:
Could you post a picture? My DR fits right at the hip, which I prefer. I've seen some DR fit too cropped but not many that fit too long, could you show us what it looks like?post #27569 of 481422/17/13 at 10:43ampost #27570 of 481422/17/13 at 11:05am
I have to go to work but I'll come back with a fit pic soon. It looks okay open but the fact that it's just over my hips/ass makes it kind of hard to close in general. I can only wear it closed when I zip up the bottom zipper a little. This has to be a sign to lay off the waffle chicken sandwiches
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 6 minutes ago
- › SW&D Suits and Blazers Challenge VOTING Thread - Ends 4/4/2015 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...