I'd buy one right now if I could
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1825
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27362 of 526992/11/13 at 5:33pmpost #27363 of 526992/11/13 at 5:33pmpost #27364 of 526992/11/13 at 5:40pmQuote:
I just got into TOJ
But yeah it is true many other places are releasing the style. APC is releasing one that looks just like it this fall I believe.post #27365 of 526992/11/13 at 5:42pmpost #27366 of 526992/11/13 at 5:53pmQuote:
they're aesthetically totally different. there's not a comparison to be had there.post #27367 of 526992/11/13 at 6:14pmpost #27368 of 526992/11/13 at 6:16pmpost #27369 of 526992/11/13 at 6:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Don't think I am gonna live in Japan anymore, and have nixed that idea. Don't really want to float brick and mortar costs on the clothes because it'd just add cost to the pricetags, and also I'm looking at getting into other businesses and so I will put my own resources into that - would like to make a TOJ home line (TOJ leather sofas and then ceramics intended for nouvelle cusine, plus some TOJ home textiles) and a food business that might get huge. TOJ clothes will still continue and we're still working on streamlining, increasing the product offering, and holding the line on quality and price.... but just less interested lately in doing brick and mortar for the clothes now. Other things I'd rather do with that time and space.post #27370 of 526992/11/13 at 7:01pmThread StarterQuote:
I also agree, but what can you do. I have a good position on leather jackets, but people will want the variety. I can respect that much. I do get tired of the zipper talk, because it's been 3 or 4 years and nobody knows any more about zippers than when we started, but yeah. lol I don't think the TOJ1 or even the baseball should be one's only TOJ, though, as that is a shame. Like going to a nice restaurant and only trying appetizers.post #27371 of 526992/11/13 at 7:09pmThread StarterQuote:
I am gonna get quite a bit more serious and offer more coats, and want to do a pretty unified style with them, so that TOJ coats are worthy of getting their own room, basically. Before it was only a few or a handful, and now it'll be quite a bit more. Also, I'm moving away from melton and getting into finer coat wools, with a more compact weave and a softness you expect from dress coats. I'll be applying this more than just dress coats, though, as you will see. Still working on those samples piece by piece. Will work on updating new leathers too, so we get into 2013 right.post #27372 of 526992/11/13 at 7:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I also agree, but what can you do. I have a good position on leather jackets, but people will want the variety. I can respect that much. I do get tired of the zipper talk, because it's been 3 or 4 years and nobody knows any more about zippers than when we started, but yeah. lol I don't think the TOJ1 or even the baseball should be one's only TOJ, though, as that is a shame. Like going to a nice restaurant and only trying appetizers.
I think the price point of <$400 is a lot more inviting too. I know the full leathers are great bang for buck but sometimes people can't drop that much, regardless of them being a regular styleforum user. I could personally never pay $800 for a jacket.
"Call me Distorbiant. Some days ago--never mind how long precisely--having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me besides TOJ on this board, I thought I would browse about a little and see the SWD classifieds of Styleforum."post #27373 of 526992/11/13 at 7:18pmThread StarterWell, that's fine, someday you might be able to buy a full leather. It'll be there when you want it. The great thing about leather jackets is that you get a ton of play out of them, moreso than most people think going in, and while the price is naturally high, because it's a one-off leather jacket - there is good value there and it's gonna be one of the best clothing purchases you'll ever make. I'm sure there are people in this thread who wear their TOJs daily for months on end and then repeat whenever it gets chilly again.post #27374 of 526992/11/13 at 7:36pmThread Starterfwiw, I'd love to be able to make more stuff at the lower price points - problem is, it's easier to increase more to the content relative to price, so the leather jackets are the better position. If people were willing to understand that it requires making preset stock sizes and using a factory instead of the one by one model - then there are things that can be made (not leathers, but other jackets and small fun things) and sold at the lower price points. They're obviously not going to be bad-fitting, but they won't fit all, naturally.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 19 minutes ago
- › How dens Kitc he ns For Sa le Nancegollan 21 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 23 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 26 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan 40 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...