You make a good point omgcookielol. I don't know much about the lore behind TOJ; I just wanted a jacket. People can put away their leather suits and ball gags now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1813
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27182 of 491332/4/13 at 11:02pmQuote:
TOJ makes leather suits too? Does it come in burgundy calf? Should i get a collar or lapels on my leather suit? Are the ball gags detachable? Cheers!post #27183 of 491332/4/13 at 11:10pmpost #27184 of 491332/4/13 at 11:29pmpost #27185 of 491332/5/13 at 12:26amQuote:Originally Posted by omgcookielol
There's a standing queue for jackets, and people already expect to wait around 2 months 15 weeks before they receive a shipping notice. You want to throw a substantial amount of MTO orders at the queue all at the same time, when a little more than a single jacket is completed by each sewer a day. Two months later, you have people flooding the thread wondering why they haven't received a tracking number for their group buy. A sudden surge in orders probably isn't going to entice the guys at ToJ - it honestly seems more disruptive than anything else, especially since everyone was given fair notice about the discontinued models.
It would be convinient, if Charly started telling people what waiting time they could expect when ordering. People not following this thread probably don't expect the kind of lead times TOJ has had since the relaunch. Just a thoughtpost #27186 of 491332/5/13 at 5:08amQuote:
I just ask everytime I place an order -- he gives that info right away. Fishtail parka, beginning of January -- 10 weeks.post #27187 of 491332/5/13 at 5:30amQuote:
I think he might be asking for a more realistic figure. My 7-10 week Moto and 8 week Fishtail are at 12 and 10 respectively. I don't particularly mind because I look forward to the finished product but I can see how you could get impatient if you really expected it within that frame.post #27188 of 491332/5/13 at 6:43amBasically, yeah.
It doesn't make much sense to state 8 weeks, when the actual lead time turn out to be 16 weeks etc. It would be smart in, a customer service kind of way, to simply state the highest expected lead time when someone puts in an order. People would be much happier getting their jackets earlier than expected than having to wait for them longer than told. Especially now that TOJ is going JC, and the customer base expands beyond SF and SUFU.
I don't mind the longer waits myself. But I can imgaine people who don't "know" the people behind they scences can become a bit anxious. For example: I recently put in an order with an overseas furniture company. They quoted me a lead time of 3-4 weeks. Because I have never dealt with these people before, I think I would be quite anxious if I hadn't seen my furniture or heard anything from then 8 weeks down the road.post #27189 of 491332/5/13 at 6:46ampost #27190 of 491332/5/13 at 7:21amHopefully the transition to JC and buying available stock will help with the lead time problem, but it'll still exist for those that need to adjust length I suppose, on a smaller scale perhaps. I can understand why Drew would be hesitant to make that move, though. Establishing stock means putting a lot of resources into a burst of production, which means finding more workers and tougher quality control/uniformity. May not be the perfect system now but at least it's a little bit simpler than retail.post #27191 of 491332/5/13 at 10:41ampost #27192 of 491332/5/13 at 10:52am
so jelly. leather is the wow factor. just saw skyfall and daniel craig had this nice peacoat thing with the leather on the back of collar...thought of toj right away.
never thought i would ever get a non-leather, but drooling over the next iteration of the peacoat. the details on the new one and the collar look really nice, just want it in the original style, 2 pockets, shorter length. please release soon.post #27193 of 491332/5/13 at 10:54ampost #27194 of 491332/5/13 at 10:59ampost #27195 of 491332/5/13 at 11:34am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - BOLD COLORS - 4/8/14 - 4/24/14 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 10 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 11 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...