Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1801post #27001 of 530811/31/13 at 11:44am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27002 of 530811/31/13 at 11:49ampost #27003 of 530811/31/13 at 11:51amQuote:
Mine looks like that only with the zips halfway. When fully zipped I can barely get my hands out of the sleeves and I have rather skinny wrists.post #27004 of 530811/31/13 at 11:53ampost #27005 of 530811/31/13 at 12:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
(Will explain this in a sec, but it's mostly self explanatory. To extract more color, look at your monitor from a downward angle to see more color content in the swatches)
Link to full-size version:
This is actually really bad advice. First of all, that color shift occurs only on displays using cheap TN panels. On them that color shift actually makes the colors even worse than they usually are on these displays. The ONLY position where the display shows the colors as they are currently calibrated (which is usually completely off on the manufacturer presets) is when you are looking at it head on. Moving up or down will shift the colors. On better displays using VA and IPS panels this shift doesn't happen.
Looking at the pic, unless the red calf is now a much different color, it looks more like wine red on my (pro level, calibrated display). The color in afixedpoint's pictures is much like mine (posted earlier in this thread). Based on this I'd guess that the chart might not be entirely accurate for color, though lighting where the picture was taken can make it look more wine colored...post #27006 of 530811/31/13 at 12:28pmpost #27007 of 530811/31/13 at 12:29pm
Thanks, I think something definitely changed from the MDR ordered awhile back and the newer ones because I ordered a 5.5" cuff and I have big wrists yet it looks like that when zipped up. Not a problem though, was just curious.post #27008 of 530811/31/13 at 12:35pmQuote:My 2010DR is like this, but my MDR has a much slimmer sleeve and wrist opening (like others have mentioned, when zipped, it's hard or impossible to get your hand through).
I intend to get the wrist and sleeve of my 2010DR altered/slimmed to have it wear like my MDR in the future though. It should be easier because there isn't a hem at the cuff to mess with.post #27009 of 530811/31/13 at 12:49pmpost #27010 of 530811/31/13 at 12:53pmI'm 21 and the 2011 moto was my first TOJ (in 2011)... Followed closely by a WV and a peacoat. I now only have the peacoat, but that's because I realized varsities don't work for me, and I tried to use the 4 zip moto as a replacement for the 5 zip I wanted... So I ended up getting a 5 zip instead. It's all about budgeting my man, $50 here, $100 there (bar tabs, buying groceries instead of eating out, etc.) and pretty soon you'll have $800 or so and can buy a jacket.
I bought all of my TOJs when I was 19.
Edited by Krish the Fish - 1/31/13 at 1:39pmpost #27011 of 530811/31/13 at 1:06pmpost #27012 of 530811/31/13 at 1:31pmpost #27013 of 530811/31/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
I'm 22 and am currently finishing up my last semester at university. Have been paying for my own tuition since first year by working part time job(s). Currently working 4+ days of work while taking 4 courses. 2nd ToJ jacket is in the queue and I enough saved up for 1 of every JC/ToJ jacket if I wanted . It's entirely possible if you budget/spend accordingly and manage your time well to balance work and school. At one point during my 2nd/3rd year, I was working 3 jobs while taking 5 courses to pay for tuition and clothing!post #27014 of 530811/31/13 at 1:48pmpost #27015 of 530811/31/13 at 1:49pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Currently, there are 1532 Active Users (369 Members and 1163 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 50 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 8 minutes ago
- › CARSON STREET CLOTHIERS Navy English Fresco Suit - 40 US - Retail -... 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...