Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/10/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1801post #27001 of 481041/31/13 at 11:44am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27002 of 481041/31/13 at 11:49ampost #27003 of 481041/31/13 at 11:51amQuote:
Mine looks like that only with the zips halfway. When fully zipped I can barely get my hands out of the sleeves and I have rather skinny wrists.post #27004 of 481041/31/13 at 11:53ampost #27005 of 481041/31/13 at 12:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
(Will explain this in a sec, but it's mostly self explanatory. To extract more color, look at your monitor from a downward angle to see more color content in the swatches)
Link to full-size version:
This is actually really bad advice. First of all, that color shift occurs only on displays using cheap TN panels. On them that color shift actually makes the colors even worse than they usually are on these displays. The ONLY position where the display shows the colors as they are currently calibrated (which is usually completely off on the manufacturer presets) is when you are looking at it head on. Moving up or down will shift the colors. On better displays using VA and IPS panels this shift doesn't happen.
Looking at the pic, unless the red calf is now a much different color, it looks more like wine red on my (pro level, calibrated display). The color in afixedpoint's pictures is much like mine (posted earlier in this thread). Based on this I'd guess that the chart might not be entirely accurate for color, though lighting where the picture was taken can make it look more wine colored...post #27006 of 481041/31/13 at 12:28pmpost #27007 of 481041/31/13 at 12:29pm
Thanks, I think something definitely changed from the MDR ordered awhile back and the newer ones because I ordered a 5.5" cuff and I have big wrists yet it looks like that when zipped up. Not a problem though, was just curious.post #27008 of 481041/31/13 at 12:35pmQuote:My 2010DR is like this, but my MDR has a much slimmer sleeve and wrist opening (like others have mentioned, when zipped, it's hard or impossible to get your hand through).
I intend to get the wrist and sleeve of my 2010DR altered/slimmed to have it wear like my MDR in the future though. It should be easier because there isn't a hem at the cuff to mess with.post #27009 of 481041/31/13 at 12:49pmpost #27010 of 481041/31/13 at 12:53pmI'm 21 and the 2011 moto was my first TOJ (in 2011)... Followed closely by a WV and a peacoat. I now only have the peacoat, but that's because I realized varsities don't work for me, and I tried to use the 4 zip moto as a replacement for the 5 zip I wanted... So I ended up getting a 5 zip instead. It's all about budgeting my man, $50 here, $100 there (bar tabs, buying groceries instead of eating out, etc.) and pretty soon you'll have $800 or so and can buy a jacket.
I bought all of my TOJs when I was 19.
Edited by Krish the Fish - 1/31/13 at 1:39pmpost #27011 of 481041/31/13 at 1:06pmpost #27012 of 481041/31/13 at 1:31pmpost #27013 of 481041/31/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
I'm 22 and am currently finishing up my last semester at university. Have been paying for my own tuition since first year by working part time job(s). Currently working 4+ days of work while taking 4 courses. 2nd ToJ jacket is in the queue and I enough saved up for 1 of every JC/ToJ jacket if I wanted . It's entirely possible if you budget/spend accordingly and manage your time well to balance work and school. At one point during my 2nd/3rd year, I was working 3 jobs while taking 5 courses to pay for tuition and clothing!post #27014 of 481041/31/13 at 1:48pmpost #27015 of 481041/31/13 at 1:49pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1163 Active Users (224 Members and 939 Guests)
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 23 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 7 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 7 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 7 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 17 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...