What color is the blue lambskin? Is it like the navy, or something lighter?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1797post #26941 of 535901/28/13 at 10:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26942 of 535901/29/13 at 2:39ampost #26943 of 535901/29/13 at 8:57ampost #26944 of 535901/29/13 at 11:22ampost #26945 of 535901/29/13 at 3:27pm
Damn. Quick and dirty fit pics, yes I'm wearing sweatpants.
Wow. A2 in Brown Lamb arrived today.
First, the unexpected:
-Darker than I expected, but that actually makes me love the jacket even more. Heftier too. Awesome.
-First impressions on fit - damn dude, ToJ fits slim. I purposely tried to oversize this jacket a little bit to account for growth haha. I was planning on layering multiple things with this that might not be possible, depending on how the lamb breaks in.
-The high arm holes are no joke - the jacket is a little bit restricting when I actually try to move right now but I'm sure it'll give. For example, when I wear a tailored, slim button down it gets a little crinkled because the jacket is so tight.
-Love the side pocket entry detail, didn't even realize that was there until it came today. To be honest i'm not sure if I'd be able to walk around with my hands in it because that would be pretty awkward/uncomfortable, but it's convenient to have to just to put things in (school ID, keys, etc).Sizing:The only thing I would really change is to extend sleeve length about 1" so I could roll up the cuffs to make them short cuffs and/or just cover half of my hand when it's cold. Right now when I raise my arms up the ribbing slides up 2-3 inches up off my hand lol. The jacket is also a bit tight when I zip it up around the waist, I could probably use another 0.5." there as well but again the jacket is box fresh so who knows. The chest is draping a little funny right now but I don't know if that's because the jacket is new or because I overdid it on the p2p just a tad (I was planning on layering most of the time). Shoulders are a smidge big but I sized that way on purpose, same with upper arms - might go down 0.1-0.2" on next jacket. Everything else is basically within 95% and I love it, especially for my first shot at ToJ sizing.I have a black lamb MA-1 coming, hopefully in the near future. I'm gonna wear the jacket for 1-2 weeks to let it settle then I'll work with Charly to make the above mentioned adjustments + some other small adjustments (mostly making stuff incrementally bigger to make it a little more future-proof).Thanks to Team ToJ for dealing with my sizing/general annoyance. Don't know how you dudes do it - especially Charly lol.Needless to say, I'm fucking stoked for my next ToJ pieceBonus pic that represents true color, cheesy half thumbs-up + smile included just for you guys.
Edited by NotCrispy - 1/29/13 at 4:39pmpost #26946 of 535901/29/13 at 3:42pmpost #26947 of 535901/29/13 at 6:33pmpost #26948 of 535901/29/13 at 6:54pmpost #26949 of 535901/29/13 at 7:00pmpost #26950 of 535901/29/13 at 7:23pmpost #26951 of 535901/29/13 at 8:32pmhaven't posted to sf in a while...
wanted to update that it's been about a year since i purchased a lamb brown A2 bomber and a dark royal calf MDR. i've enjoyed these pieces immensely. the bomber has had the most wear by far (is the most versatile). i've also really enjoyed the MDR for its cool factor and for the amazing color that appears almost black at night and can almost look green in certain lighting. the bomber is much easier to wear, looser fitting, and lighter. the MDR is a heavier, stiffer jacket that will take years to soften. the color i got meant that the calf was thinner than the other calf offerings-- i would have no need of anything thicker or heavier than it already is.
the only thing to complain about--
i wish that the elastic bands on the bomber did not pill, and that the elastic loops attaching the shearling to the collar could be of better quality. i'm a bit wary of these loops losing elasticity over time.
with that aside, i'm really glad i purchased these jackets. thanks, toj!post #26952 of 535901/29/13 at 9:03pmThread Starterpost #26953 of 535901/29/13 at 9:04pmpost #26954 of 535901/29/13 at 9:56pmThread Starter
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › WTB Ovadia & Sons Navy Wool Officer's Peacoat 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 8 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015