Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1749
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26222 of 5310812/31/12 at 11:10pmI had a feeling that last week's batch was skipped, since there was a serious lack of "got tracking number posts" in the thread. Hopefully mine will be in the next batch too.
btw; the biker look comes with the rider jackets period - it doesn't matter which color zippers you choose. but silver zippers seem a bit more flashy/fashiony. my experience with the gunmetal hardware that toj uses is that it gives the jacket a 'vintage' look pretty quickly if you wear into the jacket hard. yellowing/brass color is most prominent on the inside of the zipper teeth and gives it a cool visual effect.
you probably won't be able to see what i'm talking about, but here's my old jacket: [x]
silver zippers aren't a foreign concept - you can see their effect when they're used on any other leather jacket you'll see in a shop.
Edited by omgcookielol - 1/1/13 at 1:11pmpost #26223 of 531081/1/13 at 3:36ampost #26224 of 531081/1/13 at 7:36amQuote:
I went with gunmetal zippers on my 3-zip dark brown goat MDR. Ordered ~ 11 weeks ago so I'm hoping to receive a tracking code this month. I'll try to post pics of it once I've received it. So if you wont end up placing an order just yet, then you'll have a chance to compare pics of 4-zip goat MDR with silver zippers and 3-zip goat MDR with gunmetal zippers.
Edited by Joona - 1/1/13 at 11:09ampost #26225 of 531081/1/13 at 8:08ampost #26226 of 531081/1/13 at 8:14amGuess I should have been paying more attention to this thread this past week!
I'm pretty settled on a medium brown goat A2 as my 2nd toj but I guess now it will cost me an extra 25-50 (even if I can still order now since they haven't picked new prices, I'm not actually ready with tweaked measurements from my MDR). Oh well, could be a lot worse.post #26227 of 531081/1/13 at 8:37amThread Starter
I got caught last week at customs with 9 bottles of booze in my suitcase. That was..... uncomfortable. And hard to explain. Tomorrow I go back with two full rolls of that selvedge oxford cloth, wrapped in brown paper. I've gotten through with similar packs of the fabric before, but I just saw these customs people last week and people don't normally go through the airport with the kind of stuff I do....post #26228 of 531081/1/13 at 1:43pmI'm a complete noob to TOJ and leather jackets in general, but are TOJs customizable to the extent that I could make up a MDR like the old VTG MDR seen here: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=13241 ?
Essentially, I mean no snaps. Maybe without chest pocket too.
Also, please please please do not stop doing MTM.post #26229 of 531081/1/13 at 1:47pm
I really love both my A-2 and MDR. The lambskin on the MDR is a lot softer and maybe thinner, a really great alternative to the bomber which is a bit thicker and rougher even though both are lamb. I didn't think it was true, but my girl touched the MDR and couldn't stop touching it for 10 minutes haha. I based my MDR sizing off my bomber measurements, and it turned out well. If anyone has sizing questions on going from A-2 to MDR or vice versa feel free to reach out.
A couple pics:
Bomberpost #26230 of 531081/1/13 at 2:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt
I'm a complete noob to TOJ and leather jackets in general, but are TOJs customizable to the extent that I could make up a MDR like the old VTG MDR seen here: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=13241 ?
Essentially, I mean no snaps. Maybe without chest pocket too.
Also, please please please do not stop doing MTM.
is...post #26231 of 531081/1/13 at 2:53pmpost #26232 of 531081/1/13 at 3:34pmpost #26233 of 531081/1/13 at 3:39pmpost #26234 of 531081/1/13 at 6:41pmI don't.
I'm very happy my jackets don't have lapel snaps - always found those a little too costumey for me (maybe because I grew up watching the Fonz...). There's a reason the VTG is striking and it's not only the hide - the minimalist aesthetic of the UMDR get a little closer maybe to a RO jacket but with much higher quality of leather, better construction and the ability to get a MTM fit. One of the very best "off menu" items IMO (and not because I was the first to order it, I claim no credit, it's basically the VTG, a TOJ creation)
I think Istasi's UMDR is a beauty FWIW. Gives off a very different vibe from the regular MDR and something that cannot be replicated across other TOJ models.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 15 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 27 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 30 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 34 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 36 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...