Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1741
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26102 of 5277012/28/12 at 1:37pmpost #26103 of 5277012/28/12 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
I like the idea of tan suede in this jacket, but if you want to go really nice, kick the shade up once more and go to a light whisky, a darker tan, in other words. This jacket will really sing in both leather and suede if you get the quilt. Right there around the medium'ish earth tones, the greys, or the darker suedes like prussian blue or dark teal, which we have in the heavy calf suede (we can't use this stuff on other jackets, it's a little too thick for the other designs we normally make in suede) - that is going to be a sweet spot.
There was some discussion on it a couple days ago, but my philosophy is this: suede tends to bludgeon a lot of the visual depth you're used to with shinier leather, which is a good thing sometimes, and then less ideal at other times. In any case, for a jacket that can accept the quilted panels, like this BCDR, I think quilting will add just the right touch of figuring and visual depth to go with suede. It'd look great in leather too, but that's my suede+quilting relativity theory.
When you say that you can't use the heavy calf suede in some of your other designs, are you referring to the harrington, T1, T3, etc only? Like if hypothetically I wanted to get an MDR or 2010 DR made up in the heavy calf suede would that be a possibility?post #26104 of 5277012/28/12 at 3:45pmpost #26105 of 5277012/28/12 at 3:51pmpost #26106 of 5277012/28/12 at 3:55pmpost #26107 of 5277012/28/12 at 4:40pmThread Starterpost #26108 of 5277012/28/12 at 4:58pmpost #26109 of 5277012/28/12 at 5:06pmpost #26110 of 5277012/28/12 at 5:54pmpost #26111 of 5277012/28/12 at 7:52pmpost #26112 of 5277012/28/12 at 8:10pmpost #26113 of 5277012/28/12 at 8:15pmpost #26114 of 5277012/28/12 at 9:12pmpost #26115 of 5277012/28/12 at 11:49pm
So after wearing my MDR a few times it's been noted by a few people that I need to have my sleeves shortened and maybe even have the opening at the cuff reduced as well. Has anyone had alterations made to their TOJs in NYC? Does TOJ offer the option for customers to send the jackets in for alterations?
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 23 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 5 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 5 minutes ago
- › Video Games 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...