Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1739post #26071 of 4817112/27/12 at 7:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26072 of 4817112/27/12 at 7:30pmQuote:By HTML colors, do you mean web standard colors? I would just go by what you see on your MBP. High quality IPS panels have more or less become standard. I think the main thing that would help is good photos of swatches and color corrected example photos of jackets (pulled out of the toj gallery, maybe).Originally Posted by impolyt_one
will put up a menu board asap, as I said. heavy calf suede is gonna be the same price as lamb, and there are a rainbow of colors available. We didn't offer many colors in the thinner calf suede on the Bball because we had to custom make that to get to the price/feel we wanted, but with the heavier stuff it's pre-made and waiting there for us. I'll get some good colors up, there's like 1-2 shades of every imaginable primary and intermediate color out there. I've been thinking that maybe I should grab a Windows PC separate from my MBP and do the color menus on uncalibrated monitors, in HTML colors. What do you guys think of this idea, preferably guys with web experience?post #26073 of 4817112/27/12 at 7:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Arethusa
By HTML colors, do you mean web standard colors? I would just go by what you see on your MBP. High quality IPS panels have more or less become standard. I think the main thing that would help is good photos of swatches and color corrected example photos of jackets (pulled out of the toj gallery, maybe).
suede's pretty tough to photograph though, would be pretty tough to get a real-life picture to be accurate.post #26074 of 4817112/27/12 at 11:38pmpost #26075 of 4817112/27/12 at 11:53pmpost #26076 of 4817112/28/12 at 12:10ampost #26077 of 4817112/28/12 at 12:15ampost #26078 of 4817112/28/12 at 12:46ampost #26079 of 4817112/28/12 at 12:58ampost #26080 of 4817112/28/12 at 1:01ampost #26081 of 4817112/28/12 at 1:39amQuote:Originally Posted by hipster
i remember drew posting a long time ago about which jacket goes best with which neck type but cant find it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)WILLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
If you have a short neck, the big collar (and I mean big, the A2 with the shearling on is not dainty) would probably not be as flattering as the low neckline of the Moto.
I'm thinking about putting a new option for the CWU-45 out there - ribbed collar like the MA-1/Varsity instead of a collar. I should've done that awhile back, just been busy. i want my second CWU with a rib collar myself.
I think this is it.
I vaguely remember a more detailed post where he (or someone else) brought up ribbed&moto collars being preferable for dudes with shorter necks.
Edited by omgcookielol - 12/28/12 at 1:58ampost #26082 of 4817112/28/12 at 3:11amThread StarterQuote:
any jacket like this needs a bit of molding time. I found the best way was to open it so the lapels flatten and then sit it face down on the ground and walk on it barefoot. lol. It took shape after a day. You can take it easier on the jacket and it'll look better for it too. Leather has a bit of memory and needs time to work itself into positionpost #26083 of 4817112/28/12 at 6:42ampost #26084 of 4817112/28/12 at 6:46ampost #26085 of 4817112/28/12 at 6:54amQuote:
can't wait to see #menswear bloggers wearing TOJ with bow ties and tasseled loafers
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 978 Active Users (160 Members and 818 Guests)
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Baskets Kappa Power Homme de Coloris:Rouge Blanc 100UU 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Camiceria Olga Milan 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Nike Air Max 2015 Flyknit 209JF Ultra stylées bleu marine jade rose... 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...