Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1739post #26071 of 4983712/27/12 at 7:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26072 of 4983712/27/12 at 7:30pmQuote:By HTML colors, do you mean web standard colors? I would just go by what you see on your MBP. High quality IPS panels have more or less become standard. I think the main thing that would help is good photos of swatches and color corrected example photos of jackets (pulled out of the toj gallery, maybe).Originally Posted by impolyt_one
will put up a menu board asap, as I said. heavy calf suede is gonna be the same price as lamb, and there are a rainbow of colors available. We didn't offer many colors in the thinner calf suede on the Bball because we had to custom make that to get to the price/feel we wanted, but with the heavier stuff it's pre-made and waiting there for us. I'll get some good colors up, there's like 1-2 shades of every imaginable primary and intermediate color out there. I've been thinking that maybe I should grab a Windows PC separate from my MBP and do the color menus on uncalibrated monitors, in HTML colors. What do you guys think of this idea, preferably guys with web experience?post #26073 of 4983712/27/12 at 7:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Arethusa
By HTML colors, do you mean web standard colors? I would just go by what you see on your MBP. High quality IPS panels have more or less become standard. I think the main thing that would help is good photos of swatches and color corrected example photos of jackets (pulled out of the toj gallery, maybe).
suede's pretty tough to photograph though, would be pretty tough to get a real-life picture to be accurate.post #26074 of 4983712/27/12 at 11:38pmpost #26075 of 4983712/27/12 at 11:53pmpost #26076 of 4983712/28/12 at 12:10ampost #26077 of 4983712/28/12 at 12:15ampost #26078 of 4983712/28/12 at 12:46ampost #26079 of 4983712/28/12 at 12:58ampost #26080 of 4983712/28/12 at 1:01ampost #26081 of 4983712/28/12 at 1:39amQuote:Originally Posted by hipster
i remember drew posting a long time ago about which jacket goes best with which neck type but cant find it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)WILLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYQuote:Originally Posted by impolyt_one
If you have a short neck, the big collar (and I mean big, the A2 with the shearling on is not dainty) would probably not be as flattering as the low neckline of the Moto.
I'm thinking about putting a new option for the CWU-45 out there - ribbed collar like the MA-1/Varsity instead of a collar. I should've done that awhile back, just been busy. i want my second CWU with a rib collar myself.
I think this is it.
I vaguely remember a more detailed post where he (or someone else) brought up ribbed&moto collars being preferable for dudes with shorter necks.
Edited by omgcookielol - 12/28/12 at 1:58ampost #26082 of 4983712/28/12 at 3:11amThread StarterQuote:
any jacket like this needs a bit of molding time. I found the best way was to open it so the lapels flatten and then sit it face down on the ground and walk on it barefoot. lol. It took shape after a day. You can take it easier on the jacket and it'll look better for it too. Leather has a bit of memory and needs time to work itself into positionpost #26083 of 4983712/28/12 at 6:42ampost #26084 of 4983712/28/12 at 6:46ampost #26085 of 4983712/28/12 at 6:54amQuote:
can't wait to see #menswear bloggers wearing TOJ with bow ties and tasseled loafers
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1738 Active Users (431 Members and 1307 Guests)
- › NIKE Thread 22 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Best denim out there at the moment? 52 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › LeatherFoot: Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan