Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1732
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25967 of 5268712/24/12 at 1:02pmpost #25968 of 5268712/24/12 at 1:13pm
Hi! Considering buying my first TOJ and am a new member here! I've lurked this thread on and off for a long time now, and I'm thinking of getting a lamb A2.
Just a few questions though! This thread is massive.
1) I've never had a lamb leather jacket before. Is it something that is still pretty strong against tearing/scratching, or should I be pretty careful with it? I understand it's less durable than calf/goat but is it pretty durable in itself? Something I could wear 6-7 years?
2) I'm in Vancouver so I get a lot of rain. Is it a big concern for the lamb jackets? How should I maintain it?
3) Is there a reason why I see a lot of bombers that have this poofy-ness around the stomach area? On the other hand there's fits like this that doesn't look as poofy but more slim: http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=11067 I really want my jacket to fit like that. Maybe he just pulled it down for the shot?
4) On another note, I missed the big shift from TOJ --> John Coppidge. Is TOJ moving away from MTM stuff soon and going to standardized sizes?
Anyways, if any of these questions can be answered, that'd be awesome =)
Thanks!post #25969 of 5268712/24/12 at 1:22pmpost #25970 of 5268712/24/12 at 1:27pmpost #25971 of 5268712/24/12 at 2:19pmpost #25972 of 5268712/24/12 at 2:24pmpost #25973 of 5268712/24/12 at 2:25pmpost #25974 of 5268712/24/12 at 2:32pmpost #25975 of 5268712/24/12 at 2:39pmpost #25976 of 5268712/24/12 at 2:43pmWore my CWU45 in light rain recently, and it's a little less soft - but it's still soft, and a little conditioner could restore it to its previous condition. The only thing that you might need to worry about is the suede patch. If I knew that it was going to rain or snow, I'd always wear something else.
The jacket is sized to be a little more roomy than a moto/rider. It would probably look ridiculous if this weren't the case.
Don't roll around in sandpaper and don't rub against sharp things and your jacket should last.post #25977 of 5268712/24/12 at 2:49pmpost #25978 of 5268712/24/12 at 3:28pmThis comes up every few pages or so, and I don't think anyone's really going to be able to answer you about lamb durability. It's true that lamb's fragile, but for most people, it'll do fine. On the other hand, if you actually do rough things in your clothes (basement punk concerts, protests, streetfighting), you probably already know what you need.
Personally, the bomber not being available in calf is what's kept me away from the A2.post #25979 of 5268712/24/12 at 4:09pmpost #25980 of 5268712/24/12 at 4:26pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Viberg Boots 5 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 16 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Sidney loafers ( brand new with box ) 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...