Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1707post #25591 of 5359912/9/12 at 5:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25592 of 5359912/9/12 at 5:50pmpost #25593 of 5359912/9/12 at 5:55pmpost #25594 of 5359912/9/12 at 6:03pmpost #25595 of 5359912/9/12 at 6:16pmThread StarterQuote:
lol, a page back I was gonna reply with 'never worked in a restaurant before?'post #25596 of 5359912/9/12 at 7:11pmpost #25597 of 5359912/9/12 at 7:54pmpost #25598 of 5359912/10/12 at 9:51am
So IT CAME! I was super bummed, because I was taking a final, came home, tracking said it had just arrived to local PO, but my mail had already come today. Lo and behold, I get a knock 30 minutes after being home, it was being hand delivered to me. Whatever shipping method you guys use, is awesome. Fit pics:
Hopefully I can get some non-bathroom shots of it out in the wild...potentially over the holidays.
-The lamb feel is like nothing I could have dreamed of. I felt some leather jackets yesterday, just to try and get an impression, but it's SO MUCH SOFTER. It's incredible. Makes me want to order another before MTM ends.
- Was a bit worried about shoulder sizing, but I really just wanted to trust Charly, and of course it's great. Waist might be the only thing that's a bit tight, but it's nothing crazy tight (and honestly I need to cut some winter weight). THANKS CHARLY!
It's just an amazing jacket over all, and I completely worth the wait. ToJ/JC, I will forever be a fanboy, and will be copping more Jawnz from you shortly.
Edit: For all the tote whiners -- it came with a tote.
Edit edit: I'm excited to see yours smash...
Edited by B0Bs4g3t - 12/10/12 at 10:27ampost #25599 of 5359912/10/12 at 9:55ampost #25600 of 5359912/10/12 at 10:20ampost #25601 of 5359912/10/12 at 10:56amDellath and I both have used Obernauf's HDLP on our VTGs, but it's a VTG-only deal. Calf doesn't need it since calf is already basically waterproof. I did Lexol my other jacket, which is calf, a few weeks back. It did feel a little less dry afterwards, but I might Lexol it again tonight.
VTG update while I'm here: it's softened up nicely. One initial rubdown with moisturizer early on, one application of Obernauf's HDLP, and a lot of wear. Not getting noticeably tanner than the last pics I posted, but it's so gradual, and I don't get outside during the daytime enough.
The last thing to break in seems to be the cuffs, which are still awkward when I'm trying to do stuff with my hands. Because the cuffs are an inside and outside leather surface, folded over at the seams, they're 4 times as thick as the rest of the jacket at the opening.
and then there's this part, where the button flap is sewn into there, making it six layerspost #25602 of 5359912/10/12 at 3:56pmpost #25603 of 5359912/10/12 at 4:01pmpost #25604 of 5359912/10/12 at 4:16pmpost #25605 of 5359912/10/12 at 4:57pm
is asking for a rib collar cwu45 to be made with digi camo lining considered heresy? I suppose it wouldn't do justice to how soft the leather is...dont get all "youre a simpleton"im just thinking into the key board.
bobsagets excited face is an extra nudge but i might set aside my wanting a cwu45 for a lamb ma1. I will need a black leather...
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 2 minutes ago
- › Best suits under $1500? 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Viberg Scout Boot Chicago Tan Latigo Size 9 US 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015