Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1691
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25352 of 4964012/5/12 at 2:39pmpost #25353 of 4964012/5/12 at 2:41pmpost #25354 of 4964012/5/12 at 2:49pmQuote:
are you saying i am unaesthetic?! I agree with you on the most part. The pattern that TOJ uses is amazing on some, but not everyone.post #25355 of 4964012/5/12 at 3:12pmpost #25356 of 4964012/5/12 at 3:29pmQuote:
I personally found the silver hardware to be a bit too "over the top." The MDR I'm currently waiting for is with gunmetal hardware. Once I receive it and the sizing is good (i shortened the sleeve length a bit and increased the chest as I started hitting the gym again) I will be pulling the trigger on a quilted moto.
I'm not sure if I should even mention this since this is a TOJ thread, but I also picked up a Schott NYC bomber during the long ass wait for my MDR and I gotta say, I have not yet experienced anything as nice as a TOJ leather jacket. Schott is good but TOJ is next level jawnz.post #25357 of 4964012/5/12 at 3:32pmQuote:
Nah man I'm not
The best example I can think of is if drew offered a MTM option for something like raw denim. You'd undoubtedly have a large segment of people who cannot find anything in the market for them because of their odd proportions or they're under/over weight, whatever. This coupled with a misunderstanding of how complicated it is to produce a garment that is balanced in appearance results in what sometimes appears to be "bad" fits.
It wouldn't be at all a shock to me if this is indeed part of the (probably many) reasons why MTM is eventually going to disappear, not only do you have a very long wait but you sometimes have cannonballs trying to drape themselves in silk and rakes in armor. Drew has alluded to all of this before in a post but I don't really want to look for it.
Your jacket does look a little tight but it's really only noticeable when it's zipped. I don't know if it's because your asian and thus hold body fat differently but you look a little chubby, if it was me I'd personally just try to drop some lbs vs take a $100+ loss on B&S. None of this really matters if you're happy with your jacket, though.post #25358 of 4964012/5/12 at 3:42pmpost #25359 of 4964012/5/12 at 3:46pmpost #25360 of 4964012/5/12 at 3:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Meis
I don't know about that particular one, but usually when drew takes those shots it's not a jacket made for him personally, and it's usually a size or so bigger than he usually wears so of course it's going to look more relaxed
As far as bunching in the back, w/ the riders its bound to happen at least a little bit unless you size it to fit really short / have no ass. Mine does it a bit, especially if I layer much under it.
If you have wide hips and don't want a cropped jacket, you can also increase the length and the waist measurement, as I have done for my TOJs. It makes for a more relaxed fit if you like that aesthetic, though the effect of the fitted arms and shoulders is still "slim".post #25361 of 4964012/5/12 at 5:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
come on brah
Oh my god I totally forgot about that hahaha
Hands down my worst fit everpost #25362 of 4964012/5/12 at 5:37pmpost #25363 of 4964012/5/12 at 6:39pmIn case anyone doesn't know yet, Paypal is having a cashback promo, get 5% cashback (max $20) on your second purchase when you pay with paypal, so buy a $1 item on ebay and then save $20 on your next TOJ! Make sure to have TOJ send you an invoice to your email and pay from there to be 100% certain the cashback will go through.
https://www.paypal-promo.com/holidaycaapp/sfo?lang=en&c=obpost #25364 of 4964012/5/12 at 7:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by iroh
In case anyone doesn't know yet, Paypal is having a cashback promo, get 5% cashback (max $20) on your second purchase when you pay with paypal, so buy a $1 item on ebay and then save $20 on your next TOJ! Make sure to have TOJ send you an invoice to your email and pay from there to be 100% certain the cashback will go through.
We do not send out invoices.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › ~LOVE$~ 7073347120 vashikaran mantra for love In Allahabad 6 seconds ago
- › Love Vashikaran (Specialist) Mantra In Indore +91-9680462195 10 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Zirakpur Punjab 12 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Maharashtra 19 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Udaipur Rajasthan 24 seconds ago
- › ~LOVE$~ 7073347120 vashikaran mantra in hindi In Allahabad 25 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Tonk Rajasthan 31 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Sujangarh Rajasthan 1 minute ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Barmer 1 minute ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Shimla Himachal... 1 minute ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan