Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1682
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25217 of 5308812/1/12 at 5:21pmpost #25218 of 5308812/1/12 at 6:12pmpost #25219 of 5308812/1/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
First of all- they've got amazing Korean food. Bindaetteok and makgeoli are so delicious! As for the vintage market- it's on the second floor of one of the buildings there. I'm sure if you ask an ajumma she can point out where it is.
They've got lots of cool things, most of which dates back at least 10 years and is not Korean made. A surprising amount of clothing had clothing tags printed entirely in Japanese. As per current Korean fashion trends you can expect to see TONS of olive parkas and 'perfecto' style jackets. All of which were blown out of the water by the DR 2010 (and I'm sure would be by the fishtail).
There's also a bunch of really nice 100% wool sweaters, made in Ireland, and around 10k to 25k won. I found a couple of Schott peacoats, which were 80k won (pre-haggle) but the cuts were a bit boxy for my taste.
It was also surprising seeing the shopkeepers. They looked like young hipsters who would be more at home in Hongdae. They were a lot of fun to talk to a joke around with. I almost felt guilty not buying anything. And there were a shit-ton of cute Korean girls browsing.
The market didn't seemed like the kind of place you'd go to suddenly solve all of the clothing issues with your wardrobe. Rather, you'd go there to find individual pieces to mix and match and integrate with the rest of your wardrobe- much like ToJ.post #25220 of 5308812/2/12 at 12:12ampost #25221 of 5308812/2/12 at 12:16ampost #25222 of 5308812/2/12 at 2:12pmpost #25223 of 5308812/2/12 at 3:33pmpost #25224 of 5308812/2/12 at 3:50pmpost #25225 of 5308812/2/12 at 4:02pmpost #25226 of 5308812/2/12 at 5:58pmpost #25227 of 5308812/2/12 at 7:09pmpost #25228 of 5308812/2/12 at 7:48pmpost #25229 of 5308812/2/12 at 7:52pmpost #25230 of 5308812/2/12 at 8:17pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Australian Members 19 seconds ago
- › Carmina GMTO 19 seconds ago
- › ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 -... 3 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Opinion on athletic style quarter zip tops 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...