Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1682
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25217 of 4964012/1/12 at 5:21pmpost #25218 of 4964012/1/12 at 6:12pmpost #25219 of 4964012/1/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
First of all- they've got amazing Korean food. Bindaetteok and makgeoli are so delicious! As for the vintage market- it's on the second floor of one of the buildings there. I'm sure if you ask an ajumma she can point out where it is.
They've got lots of cool things, most of which dates back at least 10 years and is not Korean made. A surprising amount of clothing had clothing tags printed entirely in Japanese. As per current Korean fashion trends you can expect to see TONS of olive parkas and 'perfecto' style jackets. All of which were blown out of the water by the DR 2010 (and I'm sure would be by the fishtail).
There's also a bunch of really nice 100% wool sweaters, made in Ireland, and around 10k to 25k won. I found a couple of Schott peacoats, which were 80k won (pre-haggle) but the cuts were a bit boxy for my taste.
It was also surprising seeing the shopkeepers. They looked like young hipsters who would be more at home in Hongdae. They were a lot of fun to talk to a joke around with. I almost felt guilty not buying anything. And there were a shit-ton of cute Korean girls browsing.
The market didn't seemed like the kind of place you'd go to suddenly solve all of the clothing issues with your wardrobe. Rather, you'd go there to find individual pieces to mix and match and integrate with the rest of your wardrobe- much like ToJ.post #25220 of 4964012/2/12 at 12:12ampost #25221 of 4964012/2/12 at 12:16ampost #25222 of 4964012/2/12 at 2:12pmpost #25223 of 4964012/2/12 at 3:33pmpost #25224 of 4964012/2/12 at 3:50pmpost #25225 of 4964012/2/12 at 4:02pmpost #25226 of 4964012/2/12 at 5:58pmpost #25227 of 4964012/2/12 at 7:09pmpost #25228 of 4964012/2/12 at 7:48pmpost #25229 of 4964012/2/12 at 7:52pmpost #25230 of 4964012/2/12 at 8:17pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 13 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 14 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 15 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 18 minutes ago
- › Ferragamo Tramezza Special Edition fully hand made norwegese split... 19 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 20 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 22 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 23 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 23 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan