Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1675post #25111 of 4966811/28/12 at 2:39amThanks, and fair point. I don't usually have a problem fitting into things that aren't just plain too-small, but I do have to ask myself how you (or others) fit into clothes that aren't MTM if it's such a deal-breaker. I'm not saying you're in the wrong, or that you wouldn't benefit from MTM, just that I think people go overboard on what they "need." Of course, I have made use of MTM on all of my direct orders, and I'm sure I would keep doing it if the system stays as-is, rather than just telling Charly I need a 51, or whatever. And, just to clarify, I'm definitely guilty of the compulsiveness that I'm preaching against.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25112 of 4966811/28/12 at 4:02ampost #25113 of 4966811/28/12 at 8:17ampost #25114 of 4966811/28/12 at 8:25ampost #25115 of 4966811/28/12 at 8:27ampost #25116 of 4966811/28/12 at 8:28ampost #25117 of 4966811/28/12 at 8:30amQuote:
dwade u go to baruch? lol
i havent seen anyone at baruch wearing a TOJ but ill def be rocking my MDR soon.post #25118 of 4966811/28/12 at 8:43amI guess what I most anticipate from the JC makeover is the potentially lower production times. It would be convenient if you could order late summer, when you start to get into a fall state of mind, and actually have the jacket that fall. The same goes with winter, spring and summer.
FYI: I am on 13 weeks waiting for a Moto leather, and I am on 10 weeks waiting for a BB jacket.post #25119 of 4966811/28/12 at 9:20amQuote:
Either you make do with stuff that doesn't quite fit right or do without (for me, mostly the latter). I know what you mean, though, but I'd like to think I'm in the very small minority where MTM makes the most sense. My MTM shirts are miles above anything I've found in the RTW world with regards to fit, as is my ToJ. I accept that I may be a fringe case (18" neck, 50" chest, 19.5" shoulders is hard to match up. JCrew does it best, but the necks are still too small and shoulders/body too big, for example).post #25120 of 4966811/28/12 at 9:26ampost #25121 of 4966811/28/12 at 9:42ampost #25122 of 4966811/28/12 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by emilo
I guess what I most anticipate from the JC makeover is the potentially lower production times. It would be convenient if you could order late summer, when you start to get into a fall state of mind, and actually have the jacket that fall. The same goes with winter, spring and summer.
FYI: I am on 13 weeks waiting for a Moto leather, and I am on 10 weeks waiting for a BB jacket.
15 weeks here, I'm pretty sure one dudes at 20+post #25123 of 4966811/28/12 at 9:49ampost #25124 of 4966811/28/12 at 9:50ampost #25125 of 4966811/28/12 at 10:30am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1821 Active Users (449 Members and 1372 Guests)
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - DENIM - VOTE NOW 8 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 6 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan