Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1655post #24811 of 5308811/16/12 at 7:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24812 of 5308811/16/12 at 7:41pmpost #24813 of 5308811/16/12 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #24814 of 5308811/16/12 at 7:48pmpost #24815 of 5308811/16/12 at 7:56pmColor choices aside, I may have to pick up a 3rd MA-1.
That will make it cotton, boiled wool, and Super 150...but may still hold out yet.
Waiting for Drew's interpretation of a long coat / frock / whatever as long as its long in the body with a nice collar (no hood/removable). That day will come. I believe.post #24816 of 5308811/16/12 at 8:06pmpost #24817 of 5308811/16/12 at 8:19pmpost #24818 of 5308811/16/12 at 8:19pmpost #24819 of 5308811/16/12 at 8:23pmpost #24820 of 5308811/16/12 at 8:23pmpost #24821 of 5308811/16/12 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by reedobandito
Posts like this are really unecessary imo.
a, this is a discussion thread. ToJ is, at least in my mind, a collaborative brand with a unique connection and receptive relationship with its buyers. If this link were to be abolished, I think the brand appeal would be somewhat diminished (although many would would still buy undoubtedly, me included).
b, the MA-1 is a PROTOTYPE. It's not like he's sitting on a mountain of these and we're pissing on the product he has to sell. A prototype is made to test the waters, to feel out market demand and the potential for sales success. Constructive, honest feedback on product viability, especially from the market actually looking to buy is often invaluable to the company that designs and releases the prototype.
I mean, forget the unhelpful apologists, but who does it help to throw up categorical support on a proposed project without indicating the pros of production?
Drew, you're a fucking awesome designer, I hope nothing here offends you, just putting my 2 cents in
i understand all of that, and i think people have a right to offer suggestions and voice their opinions, in as much as such a discussion is warranted. i understand why some people are frustrated or disappointed that drew isnt bringing back the ma-1 ae or whatever. but at the same time its been almost nonstop bitching about the fabric choice, with people struggling to come up with reasons to dissuade him from using wool, when he has made it pretty clear that hes not really interested in rehashing a nylon ma-1.post #24822 of 5308811/16/12 at 8:41pmpost #24823 of 5308811/16/12 at 8:48pmpost #24824 of 5308811/16/12 at 8:49pmThread Starter
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Advice sought on dinner suit from Chan 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Lawless Denim & Co (Phoenix, Arizona) 6 minutes ago
- › Ermenegildo Zegna Navy Blue Wool Blazer Size 42R Two Button 6 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 11 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...