Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1655post #24811 of 4817111/16/12 at 7:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24812 of 4817111/16/12 at 7:41pmpost #24813 of 4817111/16/12 at 7:43pmThread Starterpost #24814 of 4817111/16/12 at 7:48pmpost #24815 of 4817111/16/12 at 7:56pmColor choices aside, I may have to pick up a 3rd MA-1.
That will make it cotton, boiled wool, and Super 150...but may still hold out yet.
Waiting for Drew's interpretation of a long coat / frock / whatever as long as its long in the body with a nice collar (no hood/removable). That day will come. I believe.post #24816 of 4817111/16/12 at 8:06pmpost #24817 of 4817111/16/12 at 8:19pmpost #24818 of 4817111/16/12 at 8:19pmpost #24819 of 4817111/16/12 at 8:23pmpost #24820 of 4817111/16/12 at 8:23pmpost #24821 of 4817111/16/12 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by reedobandito
Posts like this are really unecessary imo.
a, this is a discussion thread. ToJ is, at least in my mind, a collaborative brand with a unique connection and receptive relationship with its buyers. If this link were to be abolished, I think the brand appeal would be somewhat diminished (although many would would still buy undoubtedly, me included).
b, the MA-1 is a PROTOTYPE. It's not like he's sitting on a mountain of these and we're pissing on the product he has to sell. A prototype is made to test the waters, to feel out market demand and the potential for sales success. Constructive, honest feedback on product viability, especially from the market actually looking to buy is often invaluable to the company that designs and releases the prototype.
I mean, forget the unhelpful apologists, but who does it help to throw up categorical support on a proposed project without indicating the pros of production?
Drew, you're a fucking awesome designer, I hope nothing here offends you, just putting my 2 cents in
i understand all of that, and i think people have a right to offer suggestions and voice their opinions, in as much as such a discussion is warranted. i understand why some people are frustrated or disappointed that drew isnt bringing back the ma-1 ae or whatever. but at the same time its been almost nonstop bitching about the fabric choice, with people struggling to come up with reasons to dissuade him from using wool, when he has made it pretty clear that hes not really interested in rehashing a nylon ma-1.post #24822 of 4817111/16/12 at 8:41pmpost #24823 of 4817111/16/12 at 8:48pmpost #24824 of 4817111/16/12 at 8:49pmThread Starter
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Nike Roshe GS Hyper Rose et Blanc Junior Femme 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Alden x Epaulet Alpine Grain Taunton Boots - 8.5D - WORN ONCE 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › Nike Free 5.0 V2 Essex Black White Silver Men's Size UK 6~9 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Roshe Run Junior en Violet-Rose Fluo et Taille Eu 36 Femme 17 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...