ma-1 looks really nice. luxury but not for everyday wearing right? there's a good chance that it will be my 2nd drew product
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1636
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24527 of 5360211/12/12 at 10:17ampost #24528 of 5360211/12/12 at 10:28ampost #24529 of 5360211/12/12 at 12:18pmpost #24530 of 5360211/12/12 at 12:24pmpost #24531 of 5360211/12/12 at 12:31pmpost #24532 of 5360211/12/12 at 12:41pmpost #24533 of 5360211/12/12 at 1:45pmpost #24534 of 5360211/12/12 at 1:48pmpost #24535 of 5360211/12/12 at 2:15pmpost #24536 of 5360211/12/12 at 2:20pmThese new jackets look sweet, but can someone give some (more) noob advice for a second?
I have ordered a CWU Flight Jacket in black lamb, my first TOJ and my first nice jacket.
The only thing I can't decide on is ribbed versus standard collar.
My style is fairly low key/unflashy. I would be wearing it either with a plain t-shirt underneath, or with a button up shirt (on the way to and from work).
There are some good pics of both collar types in the gallery, and I just know once the order is placed I'm gonna agonize over having chosen the "wrong" one
Any opinions?post #24537 of 5360211/12/12 at 2:29pmpost #24538 of 5360211/12/12 at 2:31pmCant go wrong with standard collar. I picked the ribbed option though, and I dont regret it. It looks great on me, and is probably more comfortable on the neck than the leather version (based on my experience with my A2). Right now it's my go-to jacket (MDR for when I want to stand out a bit, A2 when it's chilly out) but we'll see if that changes when my 2010DR arrives.
So, if i had the chance, I wouldnt change my ribbed to the leather collar. It's great but probably not going to look great on everyone.
Probably not a good choice if you have a giraffe neck.post #24539 of 5360211/12/12 at 2:31pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Dbear
like it never happened.
Good deal. I happen to have some Reno and Mahogany Saphir creme in front of me, though will probably not bother with the creme as it's a very tiny scratch. Honestly I doubt anyone but me would notice it, but even smoothing out the color differential a little would go a long way towards me not noting it every time I move my hand.post #24540 of 5360211/12/12 at 2:36pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 6 seconds ago
- › Austro-Hungarian school of shoemaking 3 minutes ago
- › END OF SUMMER SALE! Five Classic Ivy/Trad jackets, $25 or less!... 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › GANT by MICHAEL BASTIAN Madras Plaid Check Slim Buttondown Shirt S 15 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 15 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015