always lamb for first maybe goat for second and calf when you're ready to break in a jacket for years.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1615post #24211 of 5360011/5/12 at 10:23pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24212 of 5360011/5/12 at 11:09pmpost #24213 of 5360011/5/12 at 11:46pmQuote:
Buy the leather which you prefer in the mdr style. Refer to the toj mdr gallery
IMO Some leathers are better suited to a particular style than others. For example, Lamb suits a2 & dr 2010 well, but i like the look of calf on the mdr vs lamb.
Some prefer lamb on mdr which is fine as well, its just personal preference really and i dont think 1 is better than the other. Consider the properties below which should help with choosing.
Lamb: buttery soft but still thick, ready to wear/no break in required, less structure than calf, has a matte look to it where calf has a bit of shine.
Calf: heavy, provides a structured look, requires break in, looks bad ass, has a shine to it that lamb doesnt.post #24214 of 5360011/5/12 at 11:56pmIt's the Italian calfskin in olive. Every time I need to go outside I smile when I reach for the jacket.
Re: calf v lamb, the break in period really isn't something to be feared. I've got three cow hide jackets and though you'll want to wear it a bit at home first for the creases to set in your arms, once you're good the structure and the way the jacket sits on you makes you feel like a million bucks.post #24215 of 5360011/6/12 at 12:02ampost #24216 of 5360011/6/12 at 12:13ampost #24217 of 5360011/6/12 at 12:22ampost #24218 of 5360011/6/12 at 12:59ampost #24219 of 5360011/6/12 at 2:02ampost #24220 of 5360011/6/12 at 2:09am
He told me silver "will be standard soon enough" when I asked last week, so gunmetal may still be the "default" option if you don't specify.
Anyway, this zipper talk got me thinking, what's going to happen with the leather choices when JC comes around? With the limited availability of some of them, will they be a MTO option or something like that?post #24221 of 5360011/6/12 at 2:55amDear dark whisky calf owners... which one of those gallery pictures best represent it?
http://toj-gallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=13773post #24222 of 5360011/6/12 at 4:47amQuote:
Please make a weekend bag/large hold all. Has a TOJ bag been made previously?post #24223 of 5360011/6/12 at 4:48amThread Starterpost #24224 of 5360011/6/12 at 5:11am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 47 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Newc's Bespoke Adventure. 14 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 14 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 24 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 28 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015