If they're putting out a jacket a day as stated and they're $730 you can figure it out pretty easily with a rough estimate of profit margin.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1588
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23807 of 5309610/26/12 at 11:49am^ FTFYQuote:Originally Posted by B0Bs4g3t
Drew -- not to get all personal, and maybe it's rude to ask this question, but I'm really curious: through running TOJ, how much money are you taking away from all this? I don't need a specific number. But are you like Romney rich? Droppin' dollaz on hoez in a music video rich? OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! Obama's trying to protect me middle class rich? Maybe this is something that has been talked about, but I'm newer, and just curious how valuable ToJ is.post #23808 of 5309610/26/12 at 11:51ampost #23809 of 5309610/26/12 at 11:53amQuote:
Not that easy. Are the hookers and blow expensable? I'm not current on tax law and it's throwing off my calculations.post #23810 of 5309610/26/12 at 12:07pmpost #23811 of 5309610/26/12 at 12:28pmQuote:Quote:
this will turn yellow?!?
this would make my decision much easier if i could get a definitive answer. my white leather on the varsity is still sittin' clean. i dont wear my jackets day in-day out fwiwpost #23812 of 5309610/26/12 at 3:04pmQuote:
snow I am foolish enough to have ordered an ivory mdr, so if you want to wait and see how mine goes i'll keep you updated (assuming it fits!)post #23813 of 5309610/26/12 at 3:10pmpost #23814 of 5309610/26/12 at 3:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by B0Bs4g3t
Yeah, I mean...how much does the material cost? How much is the labor being paid? I don't need specifics, but as someone who has no experience in retail/manufacturing (I'm a grad student in materials science engineering) I have no idea how to estimate the costs that go into one jacket.
There's a post somewhere in this thread that has a bit of an answer to that.post #23815 of 5309610/26/12 at 3:24pmpost #23816 of 5309610/26/12 at 3:41pmQuote:
Oh man, now I feel ripped off.
I was under the impression that Drew was paying for the jacket and I was just paying for shipping and a flight from Japan to Korea so he could make sure it looks nice and put it in the mail.post #23817 of 5309610/26/12 at 4:00pmQuote:
If I recall correctly, it was somewhere in the ballpark of $125/day (1 day = 1 jacket) for labor plus cost of materials plus possibly a small profit (not sure about this one), then doubled to account for any potential issues in production/shipping/etc.post #23818 of 5309610/26/12 at 4:04pmpost #23819 of 5309610/26/12 at 4:13pm
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 34 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Help Please for a bespoke Dinner Jacket (tuxedo) 6 minutes ago
- › Hugo Boss - Grand/Central Dark Navy Suit - 38R 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › SamuelSohn Classic Fit 2-Button Blue Check Performance Wool Blazer... 9 minutes ago
- › NWOT Moncler Gamme Bleu Down Vest Size 4 9 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous denim 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...