I believe "murked" is slang for "murdered," yeah.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1576
Styleforum Top Picks
Cross-posted from WAYWT:
I suppose the main issue is that it doesn't get that much sun, or that much wear, so it's definitely going to be a multi-year process to get it to the point even that Dellath is at with his. It has already turned into sort of a good 'ol standby at this point, which is nice - don't know what to wear? Raw jawnz, raw jacket. I mean, it's not quite baseball-jacket-throwonable, but it's definitely a sort of coddling piece. Which is interesting, actually, because if you think back to Temple Grandin's squeeze machine, it's a bit weird to be soothed by getting squeezed by the skin of a dead animal that was probably...soothed by getting squeezed before it was killed.
Your CM VTG is starting to look damn fine, almost making want to own the MRD AND the CM.
Silver/gunmetal will generally look better on dudes who do the white tee/blue jeans uniform thing.Black hardware isn't as versatile, imo. It works better with my wardrobe than silver zipped stuff since everything I own right now is some shade of black with black/aged brass hardware.
In addition to this, I find that silver zips add a bit of flamboyance to the jacket depending on how you dress it up. When coupled with a mostly black outfit or shades of grey they can be very flashy. Still love them, just my two cents. I'd say if anyone's going for silver on black make sure there's a lot of contrast in your outfits.
Cell pics of my new jackets.
pls don't post to gallery cause i will cry
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As for sizing concerns, you can't really fuck up the shoulders unless you weren't reading the measuring guide and added something extreme, like an extra 2-3 inches in the shoulders (slouchy fit territory?). My old jacket was probably an inch wider in the shoulders, and you probably couldn't tell a difference in the fit. A little room in the body isn't bad either - it's all about silhouettes anyways. Charly has the sizing thing down though, so as long as you're honest about your measurements, you'll be happy with the end product.
Ribbed CWU-45 is probably the comfiest TOJ I've had the pleasure of owning. The collar is so easy on the neck, the arms don't seem to taper much toward the wrist (easy to wear a watch under the sleeve), easy access arm office that replaces the need for jeans pockets, and a black single zip that makes getting the jacket on&off so much easier than my double zips.
You guys will probably hear me talk more about the other jackets in the upcoming days, because I'm too tired to say everything that I want to atm. In summary though, I'm a really happy customer, and I look forward to receiving my next jacket.
Edited by omgcookielol - 10/23/12 at 1:26am
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 51 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Monk straps: Any regrets? 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 12 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers Color 8 Trench Boot with Dainite Sole 18 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...