Thank you Willy Cheesesteak!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Would you pair this jacket with these slacks? Vote now. Last post on 9/27/11 at 4:56pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1574
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23597 of 5309110/21/12 at 11:39ampost #23598 of 5309110/21/12 at 12:43pmpost #23599 of 5309110/21/12 at 12:52pmpost #23600 of 5309110/21/12 at 2:55pmpost #23601 of 5309110/21/12 at 3:12pmQuote:
I don't have a peacoat but I've got a duffle and it's made out of the same stuff. I've got the optional quilted lining and it's incredibly warm, warm enough to get me through winter in the midwest (I live in Milwaukee). Get the quilted lining and you should be good.post #23602 of 5309110/21/12 at 8:08pmI both own a TOJ peacoat and have lived through hardcore Scandinavian winters, and I can attest that the TOJ will work for you. It's made from great thick wool. If you've ever handled one of A.P.C.'s serious winter-season wool coats, the TOJ is about on that level, maybe even a little thicker (and nicer feel to the fabric too). Definitely get the quilted lining for cold climate.post #23603 of 5309110/21/12 at 8:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by grit
I both own a TOJ peacoat and have lived through hardcore Scandinavian winters, and I can attest that the TOJ will work for you. It's made from great thick wool. If you've ever handled one of A.P.C.'s serious winter-season wool coats, the TOJ is about on that level, maybe even a little thicker (and nicer feel to the fabric too). Definitely get the quilted lining for cold climate.
Awesome! That's so good to hear, seeing how I already find Vancouver's winter horribly cold. Was getting scared that it wouldn't be warm enough for my liking Hope I get it before the snow kicks in!post #23604 of 5309110/21/12 at 8:34pmQuote:
I own one and love it. getting a bit small for meQuote:
navypost #23605 of 5309110/21/12 at 9:33pmpost #23606 of 5309110/21/12 at 9:35pmpost #23607 of 5309110/21/12 at 9:37pmQuote:
It's definitely warm enough for Vancouver winters. That said, it got goddamn cold here pretty quicklypost #23608 of 5309110/21/12 at 11:06pmIs there a picture of the light whiskey lamb out there? (the one currently available)
I m changing my collared moto order to whiskey but I m not sure on calf vs lamb. generally speaking I like lamb characteristics (light, drapes, buttery soft) but reading this thread the med whisky calf seems to be the better leather of the two and Charly's recommendation
Anyone regret getting calf? Save for Tellure pictures calf always looks so stiff... Also I live in a weather comparable to SoCalpost #23609 of 5309110/21/12 at 11:15pmpost #23610 of 5309110/22/12 at 12:16amThread StarterI don't think the lamb comes in separate tones like the calf did, it's just one whisky, and it's medium amber'ish. I say go with lamb unless you just really need the harder shell of the calf. Lamb looks better and just feels more impressive. Considering your climate, the lamb is all the better too.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 18 seconds ago
- › Peir Wu X Snowman Snowpants 45 seconds ago
- › Silent by Damir Doma Palamedes Pants 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 15 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 17 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 24 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...