Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Can't find a shirt and a jacket my size Last post on 6/13/12 at 3:01pm in Classic Menswear
- French Cuffs Last post on 7/13/14 at 12:09pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... - Page 1532post #22966 of 496409/22/12 at 9:06pmIn the process of ordering a whisky 4zip MDR, I believe I sized my bomber length correctly (hits past waistband), want to keep the same body lengths. Bad idea? I know most people wear the MDR as a more aggressive jacket, but I think a more conservative fit might work with whisky? (color feels old-timey to me)
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22967 of 496409/22/12 at 9:08pmpost #22968 of 496409/22/12 at 9:15pmThread Starterpost #22969 of 496409/22/12 at 9:40pmpost #22970 of 496409/23/12 at 1:41ampost #22971 of 496409/23/12 at 3:15amI have quite a strong crease running vertically down one of the sleeves of my red calf DR. It's been there since I got the jacket in April. I've ignored it for a long time, partly because I thought it might just settle down with wear, partly because I was enjoying wearing the jacket so much that it wasn't really bothering me.
However, now the temperature's dropped, and it's going to get a lot more wear, I'm keen to try and get the crease out. Can anyone suggest something that might help?post #22972 of 496409/23/12 at 11:06ampost #22973 of 496409/23/12 at 2:46pmpost #22974 of 496409/23/12 at 7:38pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Shryke
I have quite a strong crease running vertically down one of the sleeves of my red calf DR. It's been there since I got the jacket in April. I've ignored it for a long time, partly because I thought it might just settle down with wear, partly because I was enjoying wearing the jacket so much that it wasn't really bothering me.
However, now the temperature's dropped, and it's going to get a lot more wear, I'm keen to try and get the crease out. Can anyone suggest something that might help?
It'll wear out over time. Any creases that aren't normal to a body's movement will flatten themselves out once the jacket gets lived in a bit.post #22975 of 496409/23/12 at 8:15pmHad a little time to kill today and some ok sunlight--thought I should post something better than my phone picture in office lighting.
Not sure what I would change in the measurements. I suppose the shirt beneath it could be longer (especially since it rides up a bit in these pics) but at 6'2 it starts to be hard to find shirts that fit ok and are long enough.post #22976 of 496409/23/12 at 8:17pmpost #22977 of 496409/23/12 at 8:27pmQuote:
Is Korea that racist or is it only to dark-skinned people? My friend whose Chinese went to Seoul for work and said he's never had any problems with anything. He's also traveled to Osaka and Tokyo for work and said they were weren't as welcoming as in Korea. Maybe it's because he's Chinese and the two countries have history together?post #22978 of 496409/23/12 at 10:13pmSorry guys, sizing question on the TOJ1 and BBall. I have received advice from Charly but I'm a bit concerned having seen someone else's post in this thread who was of similar dimensions to me and given the same sizing advice which ended up with an oversized jacket.
I've been recommended size 50 by Charly in TOJ1 and BBall and am 5'11", 76KG (168lb) with a 37.5" chest. Based on the rule of sizing up 1 on these jackets I expect Charlys advice is good (I have an A2 in stock 48 which is good) but Woody's post has made me a little nervous, particularly as I'm ordering 2 jackets at the same time. I do note that Woody is 2 inches shorter and 6kg lighter than me so perhaps this puts him into a slightly slimmer category to me...he does have the same 37.5" chest though.
Can anyone of comparable dimensions advise?
Edit: having looked again at some pics in the gallery the TOJ1 in size 50 will definitely be fine. Should I definitely size the BBall the same, as per Charly's advice?post #22979 of 496409/23/12 at 10:53pmpost #22980 of 496409/23/12 at 11:10pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Timbaland
Is Korea that racist or is it only to dark-skinned people? My friend whose Chinese went to Seoul for work and said he's never had any problems with anything. He's also traveled to Osaka and Tokyo for work and said they were weren't as welcoming as in Korea. Maybe it's because he's Chinese and the two countries have history together?
Korea is alright, more bark than bite when it comes to that. Koreans kind of have a trollish sense of humor, see ceoceo's high quality posting for an example. . Other Asians usually get along alright over there, especially if they humor others. Being black in Korea probably has as many ups as it does downs.
- The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc...
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Currently, there are 1618 Active Users (317 Members and 1301 Guests)
- › NIB $595 Afred Sargent (Stewart's Choice) Oxford Shoes - US 10.5D -... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wolf vs Goat affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 22nd 2015: Add some orange to your outfit 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan